Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

I think I've been marked for catalytic converter theft!

Old 03-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
I think I've been marked for catalytic converter theft!

I have never seen this.
And every time after we get some snow on the roads a few days later I take the truck in and give it a wash and spray down the frame to get the chemicals off.
Placement seems extremely suspicious.
thoughts??
Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
If it gets stolen you can have mine. I want to cut them off anyways
Old 03-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Who and why?

They just take them.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
looks like where somebody marked the frame for the slider install maybe
Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes09 View Post
looks like where somebody marked the frame for the slider install maybe
I helped install the sliders a year ago at BAMF.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKoma907 View Post
If it gets stolen you can have mine. I want to cut them off anyways
haha thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Who and why?

They just take them.
$$$$
they cut them out
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
i bet i know what this is now...you broke up with any girls lately
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
$$$$
they cut them out
I know that.

I'm asking why mark it?

If they want it, they'll just take it. It takes 30 seconds to steal one. Why take the risk of crawling under the truck twice, once to mark it (in a place that can't be seen without being under the truck) and a second time to actually steal it.

It just doesn't make sense that it would be marked for cat theft.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
So cover them with a set of Budbuilt skid plates?
Old 03-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
So cover them with a set of Budbuilt skid plates?
Ive got skids already.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Did you take the skids off for the photo? The transfer case and cat look pretty exposed.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #13
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Did you take the skids off for the photo? The transfer case and cat look pretty exposed.
yeah I took the skids off and was shooting some areas (slider welds) with paint.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #14
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I know that.

I'm asking why mark it?

If they want it, they'll just take it. It takes 30 seconds to steal one. Why take the risk of crawling under the truck twice, once to mark it (in a place that can't be seen without being under the truck) and a second time to actually steal it.

It just doesn't make sense that it would be marked for cat theft.
Gotta agree with this. Doesn't make sense. They would probably park the outside if anything. Or just cut it off right there and gtfo.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
yeah I took the skids off and was shooting some areas (slider welds) with paint.
So, if you have skids covering the cats, I really don't think a thief is going to take the time to take the skid off and cut the cat out. Seems like he would just move on to another Tacoma (since these trucks seem to be prime targets for this crime)

Matt
Old 03-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Get skids, or put 'em back on, or whatever. I'd love to see a thief try and sawzall 3/16ths steel. Hope be brought 30 blades.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
So, if you have skids covering the cats, I really don't think a thief is going to take the time to take the skid off and cut the cat out. Seems like he would just move on to another Tacoma (since these trucks seem to be prime targets for this crime)
+1

Too tough of a target and too many Tacomas and 4-Runners around. They'll simply move on to another vehicle that they don't have to work as hard to get.

Did you remove this mark and it came back? What are the circumstances around it's appearance?
If it's been there for a while, it could be a "K" from when it was originally built. The frames/suspension are assembled inverted, then flipped before the engine/trans are mounted up.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #18
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Probably something factory I dont think a thief would write and UPSIDE DOWN letter on the frame...I wouldnt really worry about it (the mark)
Old 03-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #19
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
I took the skids off to do some maintenance, and then notices the mark. They might be off for a little, cause one of the tabs that was welded on broke off, and Im going to get it welded back on. The skids dont even reach that far back if they were on.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Those are alien abduction marks. Watch the skies in the near future.