Left lane drivers

View Poll Results: Left Lane Usage
All the time, I got somewhere to be. 39 13.68%
Sometimes hang there a little too long but hey its a lane. 59 20.70%
Only for passing slow ass right lane people. 174 61.05%
There's another lane? 13 4.56%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #41
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman94 View Post
Good link sir.
Thanks.

It was found on the Internet, so, no promise of accuracy...
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #42
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
But everything is true on the internet. I heard so on the internet.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #43
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
In Seattle area traffic all lanes of the freeway are used equally just due to traffic density. That said, the slower people do stick to the right and the faster people to the left.

(It is state law to stay right unless passing, but it's not enforced or really possible)
This is true. I hang out in the left lane about 90% of the time. Only time I move over is to let impatient people past me, or to pass people going to slow. Yeah I hang out in the left lane, but I'm curteous about it.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #44
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Dosent apply here in Cali .
Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #45
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
luckily it's illegal to drive in the left lane in my state

sadly the drivers are to stupid to know the laws

I can get places faster in the slow lane on our NJ highways. Some days it makes me wanna go mad max on people. I only pass in the passing lane. If you stay there for a long time blocking the lane by going the same speed or slower than the other lanes I will get road rage and do something eventually.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #46
The way is open, the time is now
Mrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrogers33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mrogers33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
I agree and disagree. If you are holding up someone behind you, move over. If you are keeping up with the flow, than its fine imo. Some people forget that it is a passing lane. So move the F*ck over so I can pass you.
Agree with this, however, in Ohio it's legal to drive in the left lane as long as you like, so you get dicks who go slow in the left lane then road rage when you want to pass them on the right or tailgate them to get the fuck over. Even if I am doing 80 down the freeway I will move out of the left lane for someone to overtake me.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #47
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
luckily it's illegal to drive in the left lane in my state

sadly the drivers are to stupid to know the laws

I can get places faster in the slow lane on our NJ highways. Some days it makes me wanna go mad max on people. I only pass in the passing lane. If you stay there for a long time blocking the lane by going the same speed or slower than the other lanes I will get road rage and do something eventually.
I deal with this shit everyday, people camping In the left (passing lane). It pisses me off to no end.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #48
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I usually stay in the left lane and drive as fast as traffic conditions allow. Tractor trailers typically don't use the left lane, so that's a plus.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #49
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrogers33 View Post
Agree with this, however, in Ohio it's legal to drive in the left lane as long as you like, so you get dicks who go slow in the left lane then road rage when you want to pass them on the right or tailgate them to get the fuck over. Even if I am doing 80 down the freeway I will move out of the left lane for someone to overtake me.
regardless of the law in your state this is proper driver etiquette

The only time I drive in the passing lane is passing or moving over for police who have people pulled over or people broken down.

On another rant......
Anyone who speeds by the police or people broken down in the lane directly next to them when the passing lane is open should be euthanized.

That's also a law in my state, but once again no one is smart enough to follow it.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #50
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
I deal with this shit everyday, people camping In the left (passing lane). It pisses me off to no end.

Much quicker to drive in the slow lane on 42S and the AC Expressway
Old 04-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #51
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Ill cruise at the car pool lane at 75 to 80 and some ass hole will ride my ass going over 80. Well my bad you want to fucking cruise at 90 on the freeway! I dont move over fuck them. Im already going fast enough.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #52
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
What makes me mad is when people are going 10 under in the right lane and people in the left lane are not passing and hanging out in the left lane.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #53
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Ill cruise at the car pool lane at 75 to 80 and some ass hole will ride my ass going over 80. Well my bad you want to fucking cruise at 90 on the freeway! I dont move over fuck them. Im already going fast enough.

and your someone I want to grab out of their truck and beat the living shit out of (hypothetically of course)

I guess your Johnny lawman controlling other peoples speeds? what makes you so special?

get the fuck over
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #54
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and your someone I want to grab out of their truck and beat the living shit out of (hypothetically of course)

I guess your Johnny lawman controlling other peoples speeds? what makes you so special?

get the fuck over
Kinda agree.

Quote:

The only time I drive in the passing lane is passing or moving over for police who have people pulled over or people broken down.

On another rant......
Anyone who speeds by the police or people broken down in the lane directly next to them when the passing lane is open should be euthanized.

That's also a law in my state, but once again no one is smart enough to follow it.
Also a law in my communist state, although it should be common sense. Laws are only as good as they are enforced though.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #55
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Quote:

get the fuck over
THIS! omg! i hate people like greekboy! I get behind people all the time doing the speed limit or 5 over and right hand people going even slower. and the left hand people wont move the hell over when iím wanting to go faster than they are going.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #56
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

On another rant......

in TN we have the move over law for emergency vehicles. If you donít move over when you can you can get up to i think 1k$ fin. maybe itís just $500 not sure. BUT if you canít move over you MUST slow down, and if you donít you can be fined as well. I think it should be a minimum of $1k. I personally know quite a get police officers on a person level. I have gone to 4th of july parties and cook outs that some officers have. Sometimes when i see people that donít move over, i want to beat the crap out of them!! full lack of respect and consideration and the law!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #57
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
This is a touchy subject. Around here on the local interstate with 70mph speed limit if you get in the slow lane you get stuck doing 60 and if you run in the fast lane you'll get run over if you do 75-80. I just want to run the speed limit and it seems near impossible.

On another note, do you move over if in the right lane and traffic is merging? I do but rarely get the same respect. I can't say how many times I've been trying to merge with nobody in the left lane but traffic in the right lane will not move over.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #58
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
This is a touchy subject. Around here on the local interstate with 70mph speed limit if you get in the slow lane you get stuck doing 60 and if you run in the fast lane you'll get run over if you do 75-80. I just want to run the speed limit and it seems near impossible.

On another note, do you move over if in the right lane and traffic is merging? I do but rarely get the same respect. I can't say how many times I've been trying to merge with nobody in the left lane but traffic in the right lane will not move over.
Thats about how it is here. one part of the interstate is 65, and 55 for trucks. so right lane is mostly trucks doing 60, and left lane is mostly doing 75 maybe 80.

If iím in the right lane and someone is trying to merge i move over if i can. and same here i donít hardly ever get that respect back.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #59
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I wish people understood here. When I come up behind a slow ass mofo, and have to switch to the left lane, and there's another slow ass mofo in the left lane, rarely do they move out of the way. I'm glad when they do.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #60
05TacoSr5 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2T071 Traffic Management Craftsman
Name: Josh
05TacoSr5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
Something I just found.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
Do they enforce it in Oklahoma? Nope or I haven't seen it yet.