View Poll Results: Left Lane Usage
All the time, I got somewhere to be. 39 13.68%
Sometimes hang there a little too long but hey its a lane. 59 20.70%
Only for passing slow ass right lane people. 174 61.05%
There's another lane? 13 4.56%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Left lane drivers

I followed a Taco into work this morning who was doing a decent speed, but still didn't need to be in the left lane, as he wasn't passing anybody. So I ask of my fellow members, when do you use the left lane?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
when im passing, or if im on the causeway/bridge (twice a day) and its raining because the right lane floods really bad
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
I only use the left lane when I'm carpooling and need to haul ass to my destination; otherwise I'm in the right lane conserving my gas.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I use to drive like the teenager I was, but now I drive like a granny. Pretty much in the right hand lane all the time now unless someone is not using the skinny pedal at all.

Matt
Old 04-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely hate people that hang out in the left lane. Get the hell over to the right.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
I use the right two lanes primarily. I rarely (if ever) take it over 70 mph unless on a downhill and I don't realize how fast I'm going.

Especially here in California, you'll get run off the road if you're not going at least 75 in the far left lane.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
I usually drive in the middle lane since most people in the right lane are either semi trucks or going under the speed limit. i used to drive in the left lane all the time but ive started driving slower haha. i only go in the left lane if im passing or there is traffic going slow in the middle and right lane
Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
I absolutely hate people that hang out in the left lane. Get the hell over to the right.
I agree and disagree. If you are holding up someone behind you, move over. If you are keeping up with the flow, than its fine imo. Some people forget that it is a passing lane. So move the F*ck over so I can pass you.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Only use it for passing. Cant stand people that just sit there and stay in the left lane especially if they are going the speed limit or slower.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
In Seattle area traffic all lanes of the freeway are used equally just due to traffic density. That said, the slower people do stick to the right and the faster people to the left.

(It is state law to stay right unless passing, but it's not enforced or really possible)
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Drive right, pass left. As the law generally states. Probably the top thing that irks me on the road is people that just hang out there clueless, especially when they're severely impeding traffic. Before I had a truck I used to be a left lane only driver for the most part and would keep up with traffic no matter how fast they were going. I grandpa drive now for the most part so I'm usually in the slow lane. Unless someone is driving painfully and need to be passed. And even if I'm passing cars while in the left lane if I see someone flying up on my ass I get over and let them pass. I'll gladly follow them and let them get a ticket.

I wish they would enforce that law here. On the highway by my house I take to work everyday I honestly think they could make out better writing tickets for left lane hoggers than they would for speeders since they generally give you 15mph over on that stretch before ticketing and most are usually within that speed.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
what i hate is when its a two lane (or three i suppose) when both cars are driving side by side and one wont speed the fuck up and get infront/behind the other.

its like, get the fuck over. its common sense.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
what i hate is when its a two lane (or three i suppose) when both cars are driving side by side and one wont speed the fuck up and get infront/behind the other.

ya that drives me crazy
Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #14
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
i get annoyed when others just hang out in left if its hwy/rural driving. but if its city driving i prefer left or middle if there is one b/c to turn left there is usually a turning lane people can use to slow down, but right turn there isn't. so when they slow down to turn right you'll get stuck slowing down too if in right lane
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
left lane people cause me to want a steel plate bumper and an air horn
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery

Left lane losers makes my A%# want to chop wood!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #17
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Boy, seems like a lot of left Lane hate.

That's where I hang out. I'm not that DB that holds up traffic though. I pay attention and when someone needs to get by, I get right out of the way.
NYS Trooper once told me if you want to get somewhere in a hurry, stay in the left Lane and don't keep changing, only when you need to.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Recently riding shotgun with a co-worker and long time friend. He drove from Boulder to Denver and then back. He stayed in the left lane the whole time down but it was rush hour traffic so it really doesn't matter all lanes were full with below speed limit traffic.

On the way back he was still in the left lane the whole time and people were passing on the right. I finally said, "Dude relinquish the the left lane if your not going to keep up with traffic". He was like "what do you mean". I said "the law is the left lane is only for passing, you can't just stay in this lane and make people pass on the right".

He literally had no idea this was the law and just common courtesy if it wasn't the law. I don't think he was lying, he just never understood this.

Seems hard to believe, they guy is 35 but didn't know this? He did start college at 16 and is probably genius smart, but oblivious other times.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post

Yes, this. Kind of what prompted me to start this thread.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #20
hetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud of
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
yesterday afternoon had to pass on the right...there was an OLD, OLD, OLD lady doing 1/2 the speed limit, in the left lane, at rush hour...

Howard