Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

GM to roll out new line of smaller pickups

Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That looks like the bastard offspring of a Colorado raping an Impala
It's just a baby Avalanche. Why can't they make something new?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
In all seriousness..I like the option to have the V8. I like the 23mpg if in fact that happens too.

I don't like the fact that GM has a piss poor attitude towards customer service, honoring a written warranty, and standing behind their product. As it was said above, it's still a Chevy.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
steve500 is on a distinguished road
steve500's Tacoma Gallery
Would be radical if it's finally a diesel in the US like the Isuzu D-max label of that truck is. Videos and reviews of the D-max show it being one really great truck. I give it some props if it doesn't have the same terribly tuned 4L60E drivetrain of the Colorado today.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #24
Tacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant future

Name: DREW
Tacominer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDJ View Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
"The new trucks will be dramatically different from GM's newer midsize pickups already on sale in Asia, he said."

Meaning no diesel option and half the payload of the global ones to not interfere with "almighty" American halftons and to better compete with three leaf Tacomas.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #26
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It looks ugly!

Quote:
x2!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
It looks ugly!
The pictures posted or the trucks the article is referring to?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how much below MSRP they will sell for.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #29
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Ah Government Motors. This is going to be a failed abortion to say the least.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #30
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Ah Government Motors. This is going to be a failed abortion to say the least.
^^^^This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
The pictures posted or the trucks the article is referring to?
The pictures that have been posted on here. For some reason I am unable to open the link posted by the OP. I am at work and some websites take a while to load or don't even load at all. I stopped trying after about 30 seconds.

Edit: Was finally able to read the article. We will see what real world mpg is compared to what GM is saying it gets. I doubt it will be better than the Taco. Taco's are due for a major overhaul soon, so GM's mid-size truck won't be out for too long before the 3rd gen Taco's come out. Taco's will again take the lead if GM even takes over at all.
If the pictures posted on here are true, it looks like a miniature Avalanche/Ridgline and those two are ugly. I have driven the Avalanche and didn't like how much of a blind spot it has. The Avalanche is seriously under power too.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #31
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Does it really matter? Regardless of specs/performance/styling most here will still crown the Toyota better by default. I'm glad to see someone taking aim at the segment again. I hope it ends up being a good product. Competition > winning the sales crown by default.

Colorados were garbage but the S10s were good trucks.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #32
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
my first car was an 83 s-10... the fact that I bought a car, but had to ride the bus because it never ran for more than a week without having to go back to the shop made me hate them forever.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #33
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
It's still a Chevy so it will break down a lot and have a cheaper interior then Barbie's house.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #34
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Does it really matter? Regardless of specs/performance/styling most here will still crown the Toyota better by default. I'm glad to see someone taking aim at the segment again. I hope it ends up being a good product. Competition > winning the sales crown by default.

Colorados were garbage but the S10s were good trucks.
My thoughts as well..and my hate isn't as a fanboy but as a 22 year customer who got gangbanged by 2 Chevy dealers and GM corporate. Still fighting with them 9 months later.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Def has a car or SUV front end....not pickup like at all. They messed this one up
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #36
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
That's one Nancy looking "truck"....
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Amarok diesel

Canada 2014
Still rumour or confirmed by now?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #39
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think any pictures have ben released of this truck yet.. so hard to comment on how it looks.. the pics posted are speculation only..
Old 04-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #40
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Still rumour or confirmed by now?
No official confirmation yet