Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anybody regret buying a manual transmission?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #101
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I just cal them how I see them
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #104
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
I just cal them how I see them
Me too

Old 06-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #105
MyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Angie
MyTacosBetter's Tacoma Gallery
I've only owned manuals. Deters people from asking to borrow and I like being in control of when my vehicle shifts. Hey, I can even operate a clutch in high heels! How many of you boys can say that?!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #106
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTacosBetter View Post
I've only owned manuals. Deters people from asking to borrow
I just say no
Old 06-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #107
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've only owned manuals. Deters people from asking to borrow and I like being in control of when my vehicle shifts. Hey, I can even operate a clutch in high heels! How many of you boys can say that?!
Wedges count ?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #108
MyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I just say no
I say no as well, reason being because its a manual and poor saps such as yourself don't know how to use one properly. Oz, I thought u were the all powerful?! Why no stick? And yes, I can drive one in heels, snowboard boots, sandals, and even wedges pretty much any shoe but for some reason I struggle barefoot.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #109

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I say no as well, reason being because its a manual and poor saps such as yourself don't know how to use one properly. Oz, I thought u were the all powerful?! Why no stick? And yes, I can drive one in heels, snowboard boots, sandals, and even wedges pretty much any shoe but for some reason I struggle barefoot.
Say wut , I probably learned how to drive a manual before you were born
Old 06-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #110

Quote:
I wish I knew how to drive a manual
This response threw me.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #111
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't buy one so nuthin to regret--ya I know Cpt. Obvious D-bag answer
Old 06-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #112

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This response threw me.
I laugh at the 20 year olds that think they are so special because they know how to drive a manual , pretty common knowledge for my generation
Old 06-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #113
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I laugh at the 20 year olds that think they are so special because they know how to drive a manual , pretty common knowledge for my generation
You are so right about that it always blows my mind when some says "dont know how"
Old 06-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #114

Quote:
I wish I knew how to drive a manual
Baffles me when ppl say they don't know how as well and I'm older than 20 Oz but thx for the compliment. I do know plenty of grown men who were just never taught. No one likes to volunteer their vehicle for learning.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #115

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
You are so right about that it always blows my mind when some says "dont know how"
Old 06-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #116

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Baffles me when ppl say they don't know how as well and I'm older than 20 Oz but thx for the compliment. I do know plenty of grown men who were just never taught. No one likes to volunteer their vehicle for learning.
It was a general comment , not directed at you in particular
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #117

So does anyone who knows how to drive stick regret buying an automatic? Stop and go traffic and creepin up rough terrain in 4wd is tricky but any grocery getters miss using both hands and legs to drive?
Old 06-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #118

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So does anyone who knows how to drive stick regret buying an automatic?
Not me
Old 06-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #119
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A girl that drives a manual, that's awesome! You are one of the only ones I know that daily drives one! I can't comment on the heels thing but I drive mine with everything else on, steel toe work boots or my motocross boots.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #120
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my manual purely for nostalgia. Now that I've driven it for a little more than a year, I'd like to go back. That being said, I don't regret it, my desire has just run is course.