LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Body shop fender problem

Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Body shop fender problem

So I took my truck to get a fender replaced an painted at a local body shop and I have a 98 4wd, well when I went to the shop I told them I wanted oem parts and went ahead and got it fixed but when I go to pick it up turns out they put a 2wd fender on which has no flare and now they're trying to say how Toyota could have changed the body line and that they ordered right and getting angry at me for saying they have to change it for the right one , I know clearly its the wrong fender though
Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The fender flare is a separate part. Did the body shop give you a receipt? What's the PN listed? Cross-reference it against RockAuto and see if they gave you the correct fender.

4WD P/Ns: 5381204070 LH, 5381104070 RH. If the last 4 digits are 4061 instead of 4070, then they gave you the 2WD fender.

Flare P/Ns: 7587235900 LH, 7587135900 RH

Note Toyota sells the flare for as much as as the fender (~$200). So if you can't re-use the flare from your old fender, then be prepared to pay.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah and what I mean about flare is that the 2wd is a flat fender and the 4wd has a little bit of a bulge to it , let me see if I can find an example
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #4

this is the one that they should have put
but they put this one
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #5

you can tell at first sight that one isn't the same as the other especially looking at it from the front because the 4wd one is fatter basically
Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. Anyway, ask the body shop to show you the paperwork indicating which P/N got ordered. It's possible they ordered the wrong part. It's also possible they ordered the right part, but the got the wrong one delivered.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Yup, 2wd fenders are completely different for 4wd fenders. More than just the fender flare.

Just ask Blackdawg, he replaced the whole body of his truck and he had to buy fiberglass fenders to replace the 2wd fenders that came with his junker body that he used.
Yeah I saw blackdawgs too and it's the exact same problem , body shop told me to come over again Wednesday and I'm definitely going to bring some proof because I'm not keeping it like this when I paid to get it done correct
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Yeah, could have just been an oversight. But definitely don't let them get away with saying it's the correct part.
Yeah probably the only problem is they keep saying it was right and you can even tell its wrong because the bumper is sticking out and the mud guards don't fit correct but I'm gonna take it again Wednesday and hopefully get it fixed the way it should be