LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone regret getting an automatic transmission?

Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #21
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had gotten an automatic. Shifting my own gears hurts my vagina.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #22
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
This truck has the best Auto I've ever had the pleasure of working with. It was originally designed to go behind the 4.7L V8 in the previous gen 4runner and Tundra, so it's overbuilt for the job. On top of that, a gated shifter gives you control over each gear for offroad situations. Toyota really thought this one through.

Only big con is it is a pain in the ass to drain/fill the fluid.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #23
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
NO, nope, no how, no way regret having an auto ever. Fin
Old 05-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
Hammock is on a distinguished road
Hammock's Tacoma Gallery
At highway speeds that 6th gear seems a bit too short. It feels more like 5 1/4.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #25
bruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bruceleeon's Tacoma Gallery
Out of the 9 vehicles I have owned... one was an automatic. I drive in bumper to bumper traffic every day for work and don't even realize I am shifting. I love having the control of a manual transmission.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #26
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
I love the automatic transmission in the Tacoma's but the downshifts on it are slow.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #27
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG555 View Post
I love the automatic transmission in the Tacoma's but the downshifts on it are slow.
Just shift
Old 05-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #28
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleeon View Post
Out of the 9 vehicles I have owned... one was an automatic. I drive in bumper to bumper traffic every day for work and don't even realize I am shifting. I love having the control of a manual transmission.
I just shift