Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone regret getting an automatic transmission?

Old 05-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
WPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really nice

WPDAWG11's Tacoma Gallery
Question Anyone regret getting an automatic transmission?

I had one on my blazer for a while and got really frustrated when I attempted to wheel it. I finally broke down and got a manual taco and now it is awesome and much better when wanting full control over my vehicle. Anyone regret having a auto like I did?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
if i had a 4cylinder i'd regret it. but with the 6cylinder, auto is nice. especailly for towing&traffic

my logic
4cylinder's=manual
6clyinder's=auto
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad I didn't get the crappy 6 speed
Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
WPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really niceWPDAWG11 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
if i had a 4cylinder i'd regret it. but with the 6cylinder, auto is nice. especailly for towing&traffic

my logic
4cylinder's=manual
6clyinder's=auto
Yeah with the 6cyl I would want a automatic. I got a regular cab b/c I wanted the better capability of a short wheelbase. Too bad the regular cab cant have a 6 cyl. The best of both worlds!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
not at all
Old 05-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
I had no choice, DC 1st gens only came in automatic but still love my rig regardless. I can always do a manual swap down the road but since this is my DD and my commute sucks ass, I'm not gonna complain!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, I have a bike if I want to enjoy shifting. Auto is nice for those drunken bar nights when some sober girl has to drive you home who probably can't drive stick
Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
RangerNelson is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMS, FIRE, TECHNICAL RESCUE, AND "SPECIAL STUFF"
RangerNelson's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah after driving my friends manual 08 rubicon I wish my yota was stick shift
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
offroading at extreme angles is so fine with an automagic tranny
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Auto on this truck!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #11
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPDAWG11 View Post
I had one on my blazer for a while and got really frustrated when I attempted to wheel it. I finally broke down and got a manual taco and now it is awesome and much better when wanting full control over my vehicle. Anyone regret having a auto like I did?
nope. never. it's not a sports car... don't need nor want one.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #12
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
I sold a Mazdaspeed3 to get my Tacoma. It was a 6 speed and I loved it but I am really glad this truck is an Automatic. Any sports car I would prefer a manual but for trucks I'll take my auto any day.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
nope. never. it's not a sports car... don't need nor want one.
But the auto 4cyl are so very slow!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #15
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Auto but again the Misses can not drive a Manual
Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Auto is the way to go, especially for the v6.
Lots o traffic + auto = breeze
Lots o traffic + manual= bitch
Old 05-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
dylzomg is on a distinguished road
dylzomg's Tacoma Gallery
I was reading a post and Barlowrs was saying the only reason he got a manual was so he could jump his truck if it came down to it. However, he noted it probably didn't matter now that he has a metric shit ton of awesome armor and gear on it (way more weight for one person to push).

I've also read a bunch that if you crawl a lot, autos come in handy. I was at the same crossroads at one point, and am pretty darn happy I went with an auto.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
jamsandwich will become famous soon enough

jamsandwich's Tacoma Gallery
i feel bad for pre09 manuals that have lots of trouble. my 09 has been great though
Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a few manuals in the past.
For the most part, I like them, but driving in heavy traffic in LA sucks.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
twigme is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
twigme's Tacoma Gallery
Not one bit, driving 80 miles in LA traffic every day would be annoying with a manual. And from what I hear the auto trans on the tacoma is great. The auto in my 97 4runner was original till the day I sold it with 256k.