1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you feel when the "New" bubble bursts....

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by CINER, May 4, 2013.

1. May 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    CINER

CINER [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cindy
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road 4WD
    So, my "new" truck bubble just burst today when some lady hit me in a parking lot......my first emotion was anger......my beautiful baby is no longer perfect because some lady had her head up her ass and hit me......
    I have only had my new truck since Feb...and now there is a small dent in the tailgate and bumper....
    So minor....my daughter and I have our health and no one was hurt, but still..........
    MY TRUCK IS NOT NEW ANYMORE.....................I'm sad...angry

How long til someone, or yourself burst your bubble?
    And is wanting to rip there head off a normal emotion???

2. May 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    I don't have that emotional attachment with mine. Just a truck. It's been to the body shop 3 times, all minor parking lot scrapes when it was parked.

You'll get over it.

3. May 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Mine was used so it already had a few dents so not many worries. Plus I knew I was going to wheel it and expected(hoped otherwise) that I would get a bit dinged up. Slid a foot down my pass. rocker panel a few days before I got my sliders:rolleyes: Life goes on!

4. May 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    CINER

CINER [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cindy
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road 4WD
    I guess that's my biggest fault....I become too emotionally attached......maybe this will curb that....

After my Chevy Z71 got broken into, I lost that love and feeling with it....
    I guess this is for the best.....

Still wanted to rip the lady's head off

5. May 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    Deer took out my front bumper when it was a year old....I was pissed. And then I crushed the rear bumper, wheeling in the dark a few months later....screw it....it's a truck.:D

6. May 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    nobody hurt, all that ever matters.:D

7. May 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    CINER

CINER [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cindy
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road 4WD
    Very true.......as long as my little girl is good...I'm good

8. May 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Happily, any pinstripes have been made by me having fun......although I guess u can say I got hit with doors 3 times but it was on the sliders, and I literally laughed in their faces the 2 times I happend to be in the truck.

I had someone who was backing out of a spot right next to me and she cut in too much too soon and her pass rear panel contacted my rear bumper and it actually pushed the bumper to the point where it tapped the body a tad, but the corner pieces of our rear bumpers aren't supported and just kinda float there anyhow, so its no surprise.

I got out, threw my hands up said a few words.....walked to the back of truck to look (she pulled forward again and re parked her car)....I walked back expecting a mess (the entire truck leaned when she made contact and I was in it)....I seen NOTHING on the bumper but paint, and a small scuff on the paint of te body behind the bumper....just clear coat at that.

Then I looked at a 15" or so long dent about a foot in height, and 1" in depth on her panel..... I laughed again, she apologized and I said "hey my trucks fine, u got the worst of it.....guess u shouldn't park so close to people".....slowly walked to the door, got in, started truck, backed out and waved to her as I passed.

9. May 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    tacomalimited

tacomalimited Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 tacoma limited double cab Short bed 4x4.
    I know how you feel, I'm the same way, once it gets dinged, it's hard to move past that, i have a ding in my door, very small, but, every time i see it, i get upset! I try telling myself, it's a truck, it adds character! If it makes you feel better, get it fixed, if it's small it shouldn't cost to much, maybe you can get paintless dent removal. Good luck!

10. May 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    Erik65

Erik65 Dog slave

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Oxford, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica TX Pro DC
    Stainless exhaust, 16" TRD wheels, 285x75x16 MTR Kevlars, Icon Stage IV, Icon Secondary shock hoop with adjustable remote reservoir bypass shocks, ATO shackle flip kit, AP U-bolt flip, AP Skids (IFS, transmission, T-case, diff cover)
    I remember this like it was yesterday. I, too, only had my truck a few months when some old bat slow rolled into my back bumper in a parking lot. I mean really? The driving lanes are more than 2 car widths in a parking lot and you had to back your little peice of shit all the way across and ding my bumper?!? Happily her back bumper looked way worse than mine, heck I didn't even notice the ding in mine untill a couple days later. Just a crappy feeling all around when you pny up for brand new and someone else shits on you. :rant:

11. May 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    EG555

EG555 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Edgar
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    stock '13 PreRunner TRD O/R
    When the bird shit that was on the vertical side of my front bumper dried and went into the paint... what are the chances of hitting bird poop...

12. May 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Very normal. I nearly punched the 18 year old girl in the face who bumped into my new Chevy truck a few years ago :p

The most upset I got was my old Chevy Celebrity which wasn't worth more than $300 and my Olds Achieva that was 11 years old. They got a door pushed in and a 3 inch scratch on the bumper respectively. Why? Both times, the other person was clearly at fault and acted like it didn't mean a thing to them. Jeez, at least apologize. I went for the throat on the insurance both times just out of principle..the Olds was some 17 yr old driving his mommy's car and all he cared about was what his parents would say.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  13. May 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    CASTRATE

CASTRATE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    SW of Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SR5 6spd
    My grandma backed into the side of my truck when it was a month old. I was pretty flustered, but it's my grandma. Her insurance covered the $2, 000 repair

14. May 19, 2013 at 6:29 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    someone just dinged my wifes 2012 civic of course they didn't leave a note or anything, makes me mad but unless you leave them parked in your garage all day they are gonna get a few knicks here and there.

15. May 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Sport M/T AC 4WD & '15 TRDOR DCSB 4WD
    A little of this and a little of that.
    I don't have the emotional aspect with vehicles. They have a functional use and that's the extent of it. Glad you & your daughter are OK.

16. May 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Cut into the truck yourself by installing either a snorkel or a high-clearance rear bumper. Then you don't feel so bad. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top