Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

How do you feel when the "New" bubble bursts....

Old 05-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
CINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cindy
CINER's Tacoma Gallery
How do you feel when the "New" bubble bursts....

So, my "new" truck bubble just burst today when some lady hit me in a parking lot......my first emotion was anger......my beautiful baby is no longer perfect because some lady had her head up her ass and hit me......
I have only had my new truck since Feb...and now there is a small dent in the tailgate and bumper....
So minor....my daughter and I have our health and no one was hurt, but still..........
MY TRUCK IS NOT NEW ANYMORE.....................I'm sad...angry

How long til someone, or yourself burst your bubble?
And is wanting to rip there head off a normal emotion???
Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have that emotional attachment with mine. Just a truck. It's been to the body shop 3 times, all minor parking lot scrapes when it was parked.

You'll get over it.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was used so it already had a few dents so not many worries. Plus I knew I was going to wheel it and expected(hoped otherwise) that I would get a bit dinged up. Slid a foot down my pass. rocker panel a few days before I got my sliders Life goes on!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
CINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CINER's Tacoma Gallery
I guess that's my biggest fault....I become too emotionally attached......maybe this will curb that....

After my Chevy Z71 got broken into, I lost that love and feeling with it....
I guess this is for the best.....

Still wanted to rip the lady's head off
Old 05-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Deer took out my front bumper when it was a year old....I was pissed. And then I crushed the rear bumper, wheeling in the dark a few months later....screw it....it's a truck.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #7

CINER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
nobody hurt, all that ever matters.
Very true.......as long as my little girl is good...I'm good
Old 05-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Happily, any pinstripes have been made by me having fun......although I guess u can say I got hit with doors 3 times but it was on the sliders, and I literally laughed in their faces the 2 times I happend to be in the truck.

I had someone who was backing out of a spot right next to me and she cut in too much too soon and her pass rear panel contacted my rear bumper and it actually pushed the bumper to the point where it tapped the body a tad, but the corner pieces of our rear bumpers aren't supported and just kinda float there anyhow, so its no surprise.

I got out, threw my hands up said a few words.....walked to the back of truck to look (she pulled forward again and re parked her car)....I walked back expecting a mess (the entire truck leaned when she made contact and I was in it)....I seen NOTHING on the bumper but paint, and a small scuff on the paint of te body behind the bumper....just clear coat at that.

Then I looked at a 15" or so long dent about a foot in height, and 1" in depth on her panel..... I laughed again, she apologized and I said "hey my trucks fine, u got the worst of it.....guess u shouldn't park so close to people".....slowly walked to the door, got in, started truck, backed out and waved to her as I passed.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I know how you feel, I'm the same way, once it gets dinged, it's hard to move past that, i have a ding in my door, very small, but, every time i see it, i get upset! I try telling myself, it's a truck, it adds character! If it makes you feel better, get it fixed, if it's small it shouldn't cost to much, maybe you can get paintless dent removal. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINER View Post
So, my "new" truck bubble just burst today when some lady hit me in a parking lot......my first emotion was anger......my beautiful baby is no longer perfect because some lady had her head up her ass and hit me......
I have only had my new truck since Feb...and now there is a small dent in the tailgate and bumper....
So minor....my daughter and I have our health and no one was hurt, but still..........

I remember this like it was yesterday. I, too, only had my truck a few months when some old bat slow rolled into my back bumper in a parking lot. I mean really? The driving lanes are more than 2 car widths in a parking lot and you had to back your little peice of shit all the way across and ding my bumper?!? Happily her back bumper looked way worse than mine, heck I didn't even notice the ding in mine untill a couple days later. Just a crappy feeling all around when you pny up for brand new and someone else shits on you.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
When the bird shit that was on the vertical side of my front bumper dried and went into the paint... what are the chances of hitting bird poop...
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #12
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINER View Post

Very normal. I nearly punched the 18 year old girl in the face who bumped into my new Chevy truck a few years ago

The most upset I got was my old Chevy Celebrity which wasn't worth more than $300 and my Olds Achieva that was 11 years old. They got a door pushed in and a 3 inch scratch on the bumper respectively. Why? Both times, the other person was clearly at fault and acted like it didn't mean a thing to them. Jeez, at least apologize. I went for the throat on the insurance both times just out of principle..the Olds was some 17 yr old driving his mommy's car and all he cared about was what his parents would say.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #13
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
My grandma backed into the side of my truck when it was a month old. I was pretty flustered, but it's my grandma. Her insurance covered the $2, 000 repair
Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #14
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
someone just dinged my wifes 2012 civic of course they didn't leave a note or anything, makes me mad but unless you leave them parked in your garage all day they are gonna get a few knicks here and there.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the emotional aspect with vehicles. They have a functional use and that's the extent of it. Glad you & your daughter are OK.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Cut into the truck yourself by installing either a snorkel or a high-clearance rear bumper. Then you don't feel so bad.