Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

TW FR-S Owners Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #41
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
At the dealer again dropping my wife's FR-S off. The spoiler is falling off for the second time. I was informed there was a stop sale on the spoiler. Now they have a bolt on kit instead of the adhesive tape.
I hope it last this time. I'm tired of coming here.
which spoiler was it?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #42
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting because I'm pretty sure the factory BRZ spoiler is a bolt on application as opposed to adhesive. Why would they bolt one and not the other?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #43
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
which spoiler was it?
On the boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Interesting because I'm pretty sure the factory BRZ spoiler is a bolt on application as opposed to adhesive. Why would they bolt one and not the other?
I'm guessing cost. The spoiler was attached to her FR-S once it got to port here in the states.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #44
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It gets better though. They used acetone to remove the old adhesive the last time they attached the spoiler. Well, they didn't clean it off enough and it etched the driver side tail light. They are replacing the tail light with a new one today. You know where the water runs down from under the tail light when you wash.....well, there is a drip line in the clear coat from where the acetone ran down. They are going to try to "buff" that out today as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #45
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
At the dealer again dropping my wife's FR-S off. The spoiler is falling off for the second time. I was informed there was a stop sale on the spoiler. Now they have a bolt on kit instead of the adhesive tape.
I hope it last this time. I'm tired of coming here.
I always thought the stick on spoiler was a little sketchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
I could be wrong but I thought they had different spoiler designs, it's not the same part for both.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #46
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
I always thought the stick on spoiler was a little sketchy.
My thought when I saw it coming off the first time was....WTH? It's stuck on? I honestly didn't even think about the fact that it could held on with adhesive tape. According to the dealer this is a common problem with these spoilers.
Should have been bolted on to begin with IMO. New model hiccups I guess.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #47
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
I could be wrong but I thought they had different spoiler designs, it's not the same part for both.
I'm pretty sure you're right, but the trunk lid is still the same so I'd think the attachment would be the same, regardless of model. I know the BRZ's come bolted on though because people talk about trading trunk lids between premium & limited owners for the undrilled lids.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #48
She's got the jimmy legs

Dealer did a good job on the spoiler in my opinion. We got an upgrade in the process because the spoiler that came on the car didn't have a bolt on option.
So, they put this on VVV
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #49
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery

Sub'd
Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #50
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
One day il own a fucking Badass FR-S
Old 05-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #51
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Been meaning to ask you guys. Have you removed your wheels yet? My goddamn tC rims are Lug-Centric, was NOT expecting that. Definitely limits my options.

Are your wheels lug or hub centric?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #52
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't checked...
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #53
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
One of you guys really needs to get a different avatar.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #54

I'll be reverting back to a dino one shortly haha no worries.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:24 AM   #55
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Been meaning to ask you guys. Have you removed your wheels yet? My goddamn tC rims are Lug-Centric, was NOT expecting that. Definitely limits my options.

Are your wheels lug or hub centric?
Aren't almost all aftermarket wheels lug centric?
Or is that just truck tires?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #56

Factory wheels are machined hub-centric. Unless they're also machined, most aftermarkets will require HC rings and different lugnuts.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #57

Had my roommate take my tails to his bodyshop Tuesday night...popped'em back in this morning reddddddd!

Old 05-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #58
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
So after seeing 6 BRZ's and 5 FT-86 in japan, including this one

im pretty fucking sold on the car...

we'll see what happens next year
Old 05-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #59
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
So after seeing 6 BRZ's and 5 FT-86 in japan, including this one

im pretty fucking sold on the car...

Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zdNoVd2zOk