Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

TW FR-S Owners Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #801
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I love this car
Old 04-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #802
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think I fit in one very well, but I might just go drive one and see what the hype is all aboht. Hopefully I like it
Old 04-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #803
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
I love this car
me too
Old 04-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #805
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Been lookin' for you poo-butt......
what'd i do?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #807
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love this car
Had it over a year and 20k on the odo and still loving it every time I hit the gas.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #808
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
nothin', & i forgot why i was looking for you in the first place.....
musta been past yer bedtime
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Had it over a year and 20k on the odo and still loving it every time I hit the gas.
in a few days, it'll be 6mo since purchase and 10k miles

have gotten so many compliments on it too lol
Old 04-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #809
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love this car

Same here
Old 04-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #810
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Im sure there gonna bitch about something but I will get a lawyer involved or try to scare them with it. They know me already very well from when I had my car there for the front lip repair and they screwed that up big time so the head service manager claims he will make sure they take great care of me this time around.

I don't regret doing anything, just sucks I did and had this come up but I feel like this isn't a ever day occurrence.
Any updates? Curious to see what they've said!

Side note - anyone had a CEL with low amounts of fuel? Since late Jan/early Feb, I've been getting a CEL with the fuel needle under 1/4 tank, but before the fuel light comes on. Usually pops up after a hard corner, then goes away the next time I fuel up. Just seems like a starvation problem, which isn't the end of the world, but I feel like it shouldn't be happening. Beuller?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #811
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No real "update", last Friday they called to tell me, they pulled the header off to reveal a hole in the head (shocker there... haha), and they were awaiting a call back from corporate. I got a call yesterday from them asking me to come down and sign a paper giving them authorization to tear the motor down. When I got there last night they took me though what they know so far, and that they know the car was tuned. They will tear the motor down on there dime to find out why the head blew, if it can be proven the tune was the issue im shit outta luck but if it comes down to faulty parts they will cover it 100%. I did however notice the new head service guy is a looong time buddy of mines dad who I have known for 15 years, he said he didn't know that the car was mine but now that he does he will be doing what he can to help me out. Hope I hear something soon, I need a 2nd vehicle.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #812
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No real "update", last Friday they called to tell me, they pulled the header off to reveal a hole in the head (shocker there... haha), and they were awaiting a call back from corporate. I got a call yesterday from them asking me to come down and sign a paper giving them authorization to tear the motor down. When I got there last night they took me though what they know so far, and that they know the car was tuned. They will tear the motor down on there dime to find out why the head blew, if it can be proven the tune was the issue im shit outta luck but if it comes down to faulty parts they will cover it 100%. I did however notice the new head service guy is a looong time buddy of mines dad who I have known for 15 years, he said he didn't know that the car was mine but now that he does he will be doing what he can to help me out. Hope I hear something soon, I need a 2nd vehicle.
theyre not gonna give you a loaner?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #813
ride BMX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
theyre not gonna give you a loaner?

They wont do anything until they can tell its covered under warranty or not.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #814
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They wont do anything until they can tell its covered under warranty or not.

Do you have car rental coverage with your insurance? Don't know if it would apply in this situation but worth a shot.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #815
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
so a fucking semi tire blew up yesterday morning in front of me and fawked my front bumper. paint's gone, bumper is cracked, and the black honeycomb grille is fawked up....ugh

it's like this on both sides:

you can see the crack going up to the turn signal bit....maybe it'll be an excuse for fog lights and bhlm while i'm swapping bumpers? also anyone got a cheap red bumper for sale
Old 04-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #816
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Installed my FT86Speedfactory UEL Catted header and stage 2 tune today. feels a lot better than it did before. dont feel the Torque dip anymore
Old 04-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #817
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
Installed my FT86Speedfactory UEL Catted header and stage 2 tune today. feels a lot better than it did before. dont feel the Torque dip anymore
Very Nice. How's the sound? Rumble?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #818
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTaco28 View Post
Very Nice. How's the sound? Rumble?
sounds good, not alot of rumble with it being catted but its there
Old 04-13-2014, 05:21 PM   #819
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
You guys dont worry about the warranty with the tune? I know about the whole warranty thing but I feel with a tune if something goes wrong with the engine it would just be easy for them to point at the tune and blame that.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #820
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
You guys dont worry about the warranty with the tune? I know about the whole warranty thing but I feel with a tune if something goes wrong with the engine it would just be easy for them to point at the tune and blame that.
i would just flash it back to factory tune. i know they can still see if its been flashed, but i'd still try and get it passed them. plus, im sure the intake, header, and exhaust will give them enough shit to blame