Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

TW FR-S Owners Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
TW FR-S Owners Thread

I figured we should stop crapping on Kodiak's build thread Come..stay a while!

Old 05-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Gah Richard...you're tempting me to go this route for a dd....what's the MPGs like?
DO IT!!! So worth it...my insurance is about $40 cheaper than my Taco surprisingly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
I get 27/28 on average and I'm usually driving it like a tard on my commute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
i get about 32mpg on my daily commute to work. im already a a member over on ft86club.com bout my led lights off a vendor or two over there. also, got my windows tinted last week
I'm getting similar mileage with very spirited driving The tank I just started this week though, I'm pushing 30+mpg. Since I'm back to manual from the Taco, I expect to meet or exceed Highway MPG estimates as I have with my 3 other MT daily drivers ('99 Civic, '02 Audi A4, '08 Civic SI sedan).
Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
cruising bout 70 on a good flat road i get about 40 maybe a little less.

i plan on doing a header, exhaust intake and tune. until i pay it off. then maybe s/c it. also will do suspension crap and tires and rims at some point in time
Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
Party pooper.

I could certainly get better mileage but I bought this car to have fun with, it just happens to get much better mileage than the truck.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
My wife gets a fairly constant 31 mpg and she's not even trying. I was surprised at that.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
cruising bout 70 on a good flat road i get about 40 maybe a little less.

i plan on doing a header, exhaust intake and tune. until i pay it off. then maybe s/c it. also will do suspension crap and tires and rims at some point in time
I you think some sort of FI may be in the works down the pipe, don't bother with an intake...from everything I've been able to find, the factory intake has been very well designed. And most people that only have an intake and no tune, run in to A/F and stalling issues at idle.

Best bet and most cost effective is a HF drop-in filter and inlet tube upgrade.

My plans in order are as follows...

Perrin drop-in filter > Unichip tune > UEL header > Perrin cat-back exhaust > wheels/tires/suspension. Sprinkle in some minor cosmetics like a CF spoiler and a front lip and I'll be set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
I could certainly get better mileage but I bought this car to have fun with
^ This!!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I you think some sort of FI may be in the works down the pipe, don't bother with an intake...from everything I've been able to find, the factory intake has been very well designed. And most people that only have an intake and no tune, run in to A/F and stalling issues at idle.

Best bet and most cost effective is a HF drop-in filter and inlet tube upgrade.

My plans in order are as follows...

Perrin drop-in filter>Unichip tune>UEL header>Perrin cat-back exhaust>wheels/tires/suspension. Sprinkle in some minor cosmetics like a CF spoiler and a front lip and I'll be set.

^ This!!
the TRD intake seems to actually be pretty well badass. if i went with one it would probably be the FA20Club's intake.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
Dark Lord of the Sith

also, the tune im planning on getting is from FA20Club. probably going to get from intake to tail pipe from them too.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Gave more attention to me!!

My list of mods goes:

Invidia Exhaust
High flow intake
Tune
BHLM
Tint
Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
My list of mods goes:

Invidia Exhaust
High flow intake
Tune
BHLM
Tint
Gah, I want to do this so bad! I just can't ever get comfortable baking the housings! Couldn't with the Tacoma, can't do it with this!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
Dark Lord of the Sith

I'm not gonna bhlm mine. Not with ultramarine as the cars color
Old 05-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
I haz white, it'll look sweet
Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
I haz white, it'll look sweet
Oh no doubt. That and firestorm and hot lava would look just bamf with it
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #15

Law Enforcement:
Have you guys looked into getting the fog lights/bezels/switches from the GT86 and doing an install?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #16

Law Enforcement:
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/toyota...86-scion-frs-1

Excellent resource, if you have the cash...
Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Have you guys looked into getting the fog lights/bezels/switches from the GT86 and doing an install?
I have...loads of work, but doable.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29263
Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #18

Law Enforcement:

Which for Whiteout with BHLM?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
Dark Lord of the Sith

First
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Naa not worried about fogs