LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

carfax says total loss, title is clean

Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
My earlier posts appear to now be vindicated. As I said, it sounded like the dealership is doing what it can to take care of you. Obviously they would be worried about a lawsuit, but again, from the way you describe things, they did not do anything intentional here. Sounds like someone ELSE washed the title and screwed the dealership to me. Glad to hear that on your end the results are acceptable and that your sister is getting a car she wants. Actually when you look at the entire course of events, she is actually going to be coming out ahead of the game!
^^ This.

Sounds like the dealership made a mistake, and they are making it right to cover their butts and prevent this from being an expensive legal issue with unneeded costs, fines, and visibility. There may be some conscience involved on their part (probably not, more of a CYA) but at least they stepped up to set it straight.

Take advantage of getting out of the deal. It's up to you if you want to buy from them again. I'd hesitate just for the fact that they made an "error" and I wouldn't want to work again with a company that couldn't keep the history of their cars straight.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #22
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Or....they're scared shitless and kissing your ass to buy you off.
x2.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #24
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
I am really surprised how quick and on top of things the dealership has responded. I knew when I first went in there I needed to scare the shitless, even if I had to blow some smoke up their asses. It worked! My sister got offered a deal on a decked out 2012 (but still new, just leftover) Camry with the nav/touch screen, two tone suede and leather seats, back up camera, moonroof, pretty much fully loaded for $19,200 out the door. That is including the ~$4800 she is getting back. Still, for a car that was stickered for $29k, she's getting a great deal.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #25
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
I think its attorney time, seems to be some fraudulent action going on here.

As previously stated, there were other costs associated with the purchase of the vehicle, likewise im sure the dealership is trying to cover its tail with the state as there are regulations with time periods of reporting accidents.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #26
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
I am really surprised how quick and on top of things the dealership has responded. I knew when I first went in there I needed to scare the shitless, even if I had to blow some smoke up their asses. It worked! My sister got offered a deal on a decked out 2012 (but still new, just leftover) Camry with the nav/touch screen, two tone suede and leather seats, back up camera, moonroof, pretty much fully loaded for $19,200 out the door. That is including the ~$4800 she is getting back. Still, for a car that was stickered for $29k, she's getting a great deal.
Id jump on that. Not worth the legal hassles for a bit of extra $ imo.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #27
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
^^ This.

Sounds like the dealership made a mistake, and they are making it right to cover their butts and prevent this from being an expensive legal issue with unneeded costs, fines, and visibility. There may be some conscience involved on their part (probably not, more of a CYA) but at least they stepped up to set it straight.

Take advantage of getting out of the deal. It's up to you if you want to buy from them again. I'd hesitate just for the fact that they made an "error" and I wouldn't want to work again with a company that couldn't keep the history of their cars straight.
I still don't see how the dealership can be blamed for making a mistake. If you read the OPs posts he stated that evidently the title was washed and clear when the vehicle was sold to the dealer, and that a carfax showed that it was clear. That is all that a dealership can and should be expected to do. How is it their mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
I think its attorney time, seems to be some fraudulent action going on here.

As previously stated, there were other costs associated with the purchase of the vehicle, likewise im sure the dealership is trying to cover its tail with the state as there are regulations with time periods of reporting accidents.
Again, why get an attorney involved here? How do you consider it fraudulent after reading all of the OPs posts? It is only fraud if the dealership can be proven to KNOWINGLY selling a vehicle that had a title issue. A carfax was ran at purchase time, and it came back clear. LATER a "total vehicle" rider was included in the carfax from an entirely different state! I am sorry if I disagree so much with some people here, but believe it or not there ARE plenty of businesses out there who try and do legitimate business practices. Maybe it is my time working for different dealerships, but I have seen some INCREDIBLY awesome business practices where customers were well taken care of and not "scammed" in sales or service. The dealership has done a GREAT job, the OPs sister has an AWESOME car that apparently is much better than what she had before, and they are happy. Why in the world would they want to get an attorney?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #28
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with BamaToy.

Only some fly-by-night crook would knowingly attempt to get away with something that blatant.

And possibly someone in the other state did attempt it or either made a major paperwork error, corrected way too late.

An established business, wanting to stay affiliated with any of the car makers, would never risk something like that. If for no other reason, the chances are near 100% it would surface later on, jeapordizing the entire business.