Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ebay Tacoma

Old 05-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay Tacoma

I've not been able to find a decent reasonably priced Tacoma where I live so my search expanded to Ebay.

Anyone here have experience bidding or buying vehicles sight-unseen on Ebay? I've had good results with small purchases but nothing over a few hundred bucks. The seller/dealer checks out as far as Ebay rep goes and the truck passes the auto-check/carfax, but still its 850miles away and it makes me a bit nervous.

Thx, Goose
Old 05-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my Tacoma sight unseen. You will just have to trust your gut, thats really all you can do. My advice is to call the seller and talk with him over the phone if you can. I shop on ebay all the time, but for a big purchase like this, it helps me to actaully talk with someone so I can get a feel for whether I think I am comfortable with the deal or not.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I did talk with him twice now and have a basically good feeling. He's been selling cars and trucks on Ebay since '08 with all positive feedback and also endorses the shipper Ebay suggests. Says he sells more Tacomas than anything else and had good things to say about this one. Still my gut says look before you leap.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just find ones online then fly to where they are at? I think buying a car sight unseen is just crazy!