Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

any honda mechanics here???

Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
any honda mechanics here???

Vehicle is a 1998 accord, 4 cyl, 5 speed, 167000 miles.
Having an issue with the temperature gauge, a few seconds after starting the engine the gauge climbs all the way into the hot range and stays there until car is turned off.
Car is not over heating i drive it 70 miles a day with the gaugelike this and the car runs fine.
Coolent sensor that goes to the ecu has been replaced- didnt solve the gauge problem. Temperature sending unit sensor that controls the gauge has been replaced- didnt solve gauge problem. Ive searched the honda forums with no luck, all i can find is how to test the sending unit sensor, with no explinations of how to fix the issue. There were a few threads about people who swapped gauge clusters but that did not solve it either. I think there is a issue with the wiring that goes from the sending unit to the gauge but i cant find any answers to fix it.
From all of the car forums ive checked out over the years tacomaworld is definitely the most tech savy and helpful so i thought id check here.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
TuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TuffRuffDangerous's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe the thermostat and/or radiator need to be replaced.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a wire is grounding out between the sender and the gauge.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
is it pegged out? or just in the hot range?
Old 06-07-2013, 03:20 AM   #5
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
its pegged out all the way at the top above the hot range, goes up there 30 seconds after car is turned on.
i think its the grounding issue too but i cant figure out where to start checking that
Old 06-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #6
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 98 civic that done the exact same thing. I just unplugged the coolant sensor( after I had tried everything) never did get it fixed right....