Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

I am going to Derby a 95 Corolla

Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #21
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I would rock a pinto like a mutherfugger

Wish I had some input for ya but as it is I'm just here for the
Old 07-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
WABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to behold
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Getting close to being done!
- Notice there is nothing in the engine bay except the engine.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #23
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm I have an idea for my pinto now
Old 07-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #24
WABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to behold
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
I still have to fasten down the gas tank and battery. Also still have to install the Jeep Cherokee front bumper. Runs great too. We eliminated every fuse and harness that is not required for starting or running. We re-routed the wiring from the 2 fuse boxes and are not running the alternator.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #25
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
Hmmm I have an idea for my pinto now
I ran like 6 Pinto's and Mustang II's in Semi-Stock Pro class. I have tips and tricks for them if you need .
Old 07-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WABOOM View Post
I ran like 6 Pinto's and Mustang II's in Semi-Stock Pro class. I have tips and tricks for them if you need .
Awesome. I've never ran in a derby before but it seems like a ton of fun. If I decide to rip it apart ill let you know. I just rebuilt the motor in it about 15k miles ago.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #27
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
the Ford 2300 is one *THE TOUGHEST* motors ever made.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #28
Quote:
the Ford 2300 is one *THE TOUGHEST* motors ever made.
It's pretty stout. I bored it .30 when I rebuilt it, would that cause any problems?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #29
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
no. You could drain the coolant and dry block this motor and have no problems. I'm not kidding.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #30
Quote:
no. You could drain the coolant and dry block this motor and have no problems. I'm not kidding.
No joke, but as far as having a modded engine I guess you could say, does that cause any problems with rules/regulations?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No joke, but as far as having a modded engine I guess you could say, does that cause any problems with rules/regulations?
In your instance, how would they ever know...unless you open your mouth about it.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #32
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
I would rock a pinto like a mutherfugger
Lol yeah while praying you don't get rear ended hard enough to puncture the gas tank and go boom. Good luck OP!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
Lol yeah while praying you don't get rear ended hard enough to puncture the gas tank and go boom. Good luck OP!
Believe it or not a couple cars from that time period had the same rear bumper - gas tank - rear axle setup that caused the "explosions". When rear ended the tank would get crushed and spill out making a hell of a fire hazard. Only the Pinto got the bad wrap though. And if I'm not mistaken, the mustangs from that era were the same setup I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
In your instance, how would they ever know...unless you open your mouth about it.
Good point
Old 07-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #34
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
This is pretty cool man.

And 125 for a car? Damn... I would take that anyday.

Subbed for videos (Hopefully!) and at least pictures.. Cool stuff.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #35
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Believe it or not a couple cars from that time period had the same rear bumper - gas tank - rear axle setup that caused the "explosions". When rear ended the tank would get crushed and spill out making a hell of a fire hazard. Only the Pinto got the bad wrap though. And if I'm not mistaken, the mustangs from that era were the same setup I believe.
Correct..the 74-78 Mustang II used the Pinto platform. 79 saw the introduction of the legendary Fox-body Stangs..
Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #36
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
have fun
Old 07-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #37
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't know that, I've only heard about the pintos and thought it was funny because that was my dad's first car haha. Wonder why they got the bad wrap and not other cars with the same design?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
I didn't know that, I've only heard about the pintos and thought it was funny because that was my dad's first car haha. Wonder why they got the bad wrap and not other cars with the same design?
Media haha I'm not sure really, but it now has that "Pinto" title even amongst ford guys, and they'll never admit that the mustang shared the same platform.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #39
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Media haha I'm not sure really, but it now has that "Pinto" title even amongst ford guys, and they'll never admit that the mustang shared the same platform.
Eh, print the page off Wiki and tell em to STFU haha
Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #40
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
BTW I'm not demo'ing a pinto. I am demo'ing a Corolla. I have done a few pinto's in the past. Those classes are going the way of the Imperial. (there isn't any to run any longer)