Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

so I walked into O'Reily's one day..

Old 06-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
so I walked into O'Reily's one day..

today actually. Looking for something to fix a scratch on my dashboard. But I went to the back to ask if they sell a "dry" performance air filter like AFE as opposed to the ol' K&N oiler.
she goes "no we only sell Fram, our housebrand, and K&N"
I go "yeah I have a K&N but I don't like the oil medium as a dirt catcher"
she goes "well that AFE thing is pretty much like the K&N-but you spray the cleaner on it and it turns white-the oil is just to keep it from cracking and drying out"
LOL

BTW sorry-2 L's in O'Reilly
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... Usually the parts people have little to no training what-so-ever. Not surprised lol
Old 06-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Except its the only place that sells Redline SI-1, so i go there

(incase your wondering, its the only cleaner that still contains PEA. Techron does not anymore)
Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Lol my friend is a mechanic and he goes to Oreally...all the time. He wants to punch a baby everytime he wants something for a 350 and they ask for the make and model and assessories when its all the same dang engine! and yesterday he the girl at the counter..he overheard her talking about something and he was like..wohhh..a girl who actually knows something! I couldn't quite get out the "well...was she cute?"...comment..hahahah
Old 06-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
bwanamukubwa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
bwanamukubwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Except its the only place that sells Redline SI-1, so i go there

(incase your wondering, its the only cleaner that still contains PEA. Techron does not anymore)
Sorry for my lack of understanding, but what is PEA and how often do you use the Redline?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thing is, when I nicely corrected her she got a little annoyed and said "no, you spray it with the oil to keep the paper part from drying out"
"It's gauze not paper...you better grab one of those boxes and read it a little" I responded with a smile. I get that she's just a kid-they know everything lol
Old 06-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Lol my friend is a mechanic and he goes to Oreally...all the time. He wants to punch a baby everytime he wants something for a 350 and they ask for the make and model and assessories when its all the same dang engine! and yesterday he the girl at the counter..he overheard her talking about something and he was like..wohhh..a girl who actually knows something! I couldn't quite get out the "well...was she cute?"...comment..hahahah
There used to be a couple cute girls that worked at the Advance where I used to live that new more than all the guys together at the store. The guys would ask if they could help and I would laugh, tell them no and ask if the girls were working.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i go to carquest because their the only people who have yet to tell me something wont work on my truck when i buy it.

at autozone
go to buy oil..." thats not the right oil type", oh thanks, ill use whatever fucking oil i want