Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

"I drove a Ridgeline, and I liked it".

Old 06-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
its a good vehicle. No torque, and what killed me on it was 2 things. First, leg room was poor (for me). Second, when Popular Mechanics did a 5 vehicle test, on road, and off, out of the 5, the Ridgeline was the only one that couldnt make it to the Off road testing part. Shocks blew on the road to the trail, and Honda cried "abuse" and wouldnt fix, or give a replacement.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #22
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
Probably fine if you don't need a truck.
What do you mean by that?

What do you think the Tacoma does better than the Ridgeline?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
CDNplt is on a distinguished road

CDNplt's Tacoma Gallery
Had a Ridgeline before the Taco and I'm not looking back.

Pros:
2 ways tailgate was cool and trunk space.
Roomier in backseat for kids car seat.

Cons:
Very ugly
Bad mpg. Never got above 16.5 hwy city combined.

Bought it because price war right and always was a Honda fan.

Like I said, not looking back.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #24
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
If you like it and it makes sense for you and your family go for it.

No hating here
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #25
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #26
TR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
TR90125's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
What do you mean by that?

What do you think the Tacoma does better than the Ridgeline?
I'd rather go thru a full mud season in a Taco than the ridgeline. Pretty sure the ridgeline wouldn't be able to tow my sleds or boat. Although the ridgeline will hold its value very well, the Taco will smoke it there too.

Just my .02
Old 06-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
its a good vehicle. No torque, and what killed me on it was 2 things. First, leg room was poor (for me). Second, when Popular Mechanics did a 5 vehicle test, on road, and off, out of the 5, the Ridgeline was the only one that couldnt make it to the Off road testing part. Shocks blew on the road to the trail, and Honda cried "abuse" and wouldnt fix, or give a replacement.
Leg room and comfort is big for me too. In my wife's Sienna, it is still difficult to find a real good position for my left leg. The Ridgeline did lack a telescoping wheel, but I found it comfortable all the way around. As for the off roading part, at almost 50 years old, I'm honestly more of a poser. My OR Taco hasn't seen much dirt or mud.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #28
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ship Serviceman 3rd Class
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
  • dual action tailgate
Just the highlights
What is the purpose of this? Cool idea I guess but I see no real world advantage to this setup...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #29
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The Ridgeline reminds me of the Avalanche. My inlaws had an Avalanche and it was seriously under powered. When I tried to pass someone on a two lane highway, I couldn't. I've heard the Ridgeline is also under powered.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #30
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
ooohhh... Katy Perry
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #31
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian007Taco View Post
The Ridgeline reminds me of the Avalanche. My inlaws had an Avalanche and it was seriously under powered. When I tried to pass someone on a two lane highway, I couldn't. I've heard the Ridgeline is also under powered.

It's certainly no torque monster, but felt smooth on my short drive.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #32
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Leg room and comfort is big for me too. In my wife's Sienna, it is still difficult to find a real good position for my left leg. The Ridgeline did lack a telescoping wheel, but I found it comfortable all the way around. As for the off roading part, at almost 50 years old, I'm honestly more of a poser. My OR Taco hasn't seen much dirt or mud.
Quote:
It's certainly no torque monster, but felt smooth on my short drive.
its a VERY smooth vehicle. great features, and tons of storage. The newer ones have a better geared tranny, and are getting better mpg than the older ones (pre 2011). The rear axel needs maintenance more often (IIRC), and the engine has a timing belt, as opposed to chain. So, factor those into the maintenance if considering for purchase.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #33
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post
I'd rather go thru a full mud season in a Taco than the ridgeline. Pretty sure the ridgeline wouldn't be able to tow my sleds or boat. Although the ridgeline will hold its value very well, the Taco will smoke it there too.

Just my .02
We don't really have mud season here.

The Ridgeline will tow 5000 pounds which is less then the Tacoma's 6500. It does have a slightly higher payload though (1475 vs 1300).

I just don't get people's "not a real truck" thing.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #34
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's because people are human... If you know what I mean.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #35
TR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTR90125 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
TR90125's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We don't really have mud season here.

The Ridgeline will tow 5000 pounds which is less then the Tacoma's 6500. It does have a slightly higher payload though (1475 vs 1300).

I underestimated the tow capacity. I am a Honda fan, wife has a CRV and I traded my accord for the Tacoma, in the end I prefer the Tacoma.

I would imagine the Tacoma has a much better forum, is way more fun to trick out, and I don't think your Honda dealer has a factory supercharger that can be bolted on.

Doesn't make the Honda a bad vehicle....
Old 06-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #36
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post

I would imagine the Tacoma has a much better forum, is way more fun to trick out, and I don't think your Honda dealer has a factory supercharger that can be bolted on.
Truth.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #37
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes I did.

I had some time to kill before I went in to work today so I test drove a 2012 RTS with 16k on the odometer.

I know haters gunna hate, but I thought it was a great (but somewhat ugly) vehicle. I carry a Swiss Army knife for a reason, this vehicle seems like the automotive equivalent.

I'll leave it at that. Let the fireworks begin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
ooohhh... Katy Perry
Oh yeah!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #38
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
  • Seat comfort
  • ride
  • dual action tailgate
  • lockable under bed storage
  • Automatic on the column
  • lots of storage for crap all over the interior
  • tie down points seemed strong
  • 4 wheel disk brakes
Just the highlights
that is exactly what makes it NOT A TRUCK

it is a chopped SUV, period
Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #39
AG87BlkLX is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
AG87BlkLX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx586 View Post
What is the purpose of this? Cool idea I guess but I see no real world advantage to this setup...
It makes it easier to remove things from the bed, especially items up against the cab. Also makes it easier to get items out of the trunk.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #40
Army:
TR90125's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG87BlkLX View Post
It makes it easier to remove things from the bed, especially items up against the cab. Also makes it easier to get items out of the trunk.
And you can tailgate standing up or sitting down.