Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

"I drove a Ridgeline, and I liked it".

Old 06-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #81
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
Full size spare is listed as an option. I'd like one, but I'll bet most owners will just call AAA instead of springing for it.
oh ok.

and I donít have AAA, donít really care to get it either. the likely hood of me needing them is so slim, iíd rather just pay a tow truck or something to come get me. if i get a flat iíll just change it my self like i did in the scion Xb when i got a flat in it. damn pot hole busted the side wall out.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #82
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Interestingly enough, in 12 years of driving I have never had to change to the spare tire. I get more use out of a portable air compressor. One time the leak was faster, and I still was able to limp to a repair shop by pumping the tire back up every 20 minutes.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #83
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha, speaking of spares, I need to get a 31 one to go under my truck. My grandpa had put this cable and lock on the original 28" no telling how many years ago and I went to remove it a couple months ago after getting bigger tires, turns out the padlock had corroded so badly that I had to get out the bolt cutters. That hardened steel is a real but to cut.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #84
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post
You must be from southern Maine. No one north of Augusta would be caught dead in a Ridgeline, unless you're within 20miles of a college campus and those will have flatlandah plates.

My Maine "camp" is 1.5 miles down a dirt road and mud season would swallow a Ridgeline whole.
I don't own one nor do I want one I do live in South Western Maine in the Mt's on my 80 acres. I have a friend that lives in Ashland (just south of Fort Kent) he works for 7 Islands I don't know if they hide the Tacoma but when they go into the woods they take the Taco the Chevy's they take to town.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #85
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post
You must be from southern Maine. No one north of Augusta would be caught dead in a Ridgeline, unless you're within 20miles of a college campus and those will have flatlandah plates.

My Maine "camp" is 1.5 miles down a dirt road and mud season would swallow a Ridgeline whole.
Now wait a minute...I know I'm a southerner living in NH...........BUT..

Darling Honda up in Bangor has 7 NEW Ridgelines in stock
Old 06-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #86
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
lol i was reading an article on the ridgeline a couple years back and they failed it for the "offroad" test because it blew both it's rear shock on it's way to the testing grounds didnt even make it there hahahahaha
Old 06-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #87
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
lol i was reading an article on the ridgeline a couple years back and they failed it for the "offroad" test because it blew both it's rear shock on it's way to the testing grounds didnt even make it there hahahahaha
that was the Popular Mechanics story I mentioned earlier. If you dont go off road, I think its a fine vehicle.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #88
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
that was the Popular Mechanics story I mentioned earlier. If you dont go off road, I think its a fine vehicle.
Fine yes, but I looked at one again today and I'm not sure I could ever get past the ugly part...
Old 06-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #89
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
Fine yes, but I looked at one again today and I'm not sure I could ever get past the ugly part...
Have you seen a lifted one yet?

Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #90
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
^^ still looks the same. also as far as i know they only make spacer lifts for them and it’s only like 2” or so. very very limited on aftermarket.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
^^ still looks the same. also as far as i know they only make spacer lifts for them and itís only like 2Ē or so. very very limited on aftermarket.
Yup. Not much aftermarket support for lifting. Youtube has some videos of folks taking them thru some respectable terrain.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #92
AG87BlkLX is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
AG87BlkLX's Tacoma Gallery
http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=russian%20ridgeline

Just watched this video and the Russians aren't affraid to take it off road.

Most people don't take their trucks through stuff like that. If you do more hardcore off roading than that the Ridgeline is not for you.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #93
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG87BlkLX View Post
the Russians aren't affraid to take it off road.
Yeah they are so not afraid to treat a Niva like a skateboard...
Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #94
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
that is exactly what makes it NOT A TRUCK

it is a chopped SUV, period
somewhere...there's a guy with an F-250 who feels the same about your Tacoma.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #95
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Ridgeline, no. Chevy van, YES!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #96
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Brings back memories...I had 2 Chebby vans back in the day, a '71 and a '79.

Yeah...they both had the hippie interiors straight out of a Cheech & Chong movie. My '71 had Cragar Mags just like the pic.

Those were the days fellas. Those were the days.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #97
Banned
BurgerSandlot is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Fil Huge
BurgerSandlot's Tacoma Gallery
You're kidding right

FYHN
Old 06-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #98
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
I always want to turn one of these into a sleeper... Throw a 327 4bolt in it with a exhaust cut off and blow some people's doors off
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #99
cdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
cdthiker's Tacoma Gallery
for the record...
It is my understanding that both the RL and the pilot ( its twin)
have a control function that locks in their AWD syestem, sort of what toyota uses in the new generation RAV's
hit the button, you dont have any of the nonsense of back and forth between FWD and AWD/4x4 perhaps thats an option and not standard on all?
regardless its a solid option
there are some that would argue a 4 door short bed taco is basicaly the same thing at least look wise an after all the bed size is not all that much diffenert ( an SUV with a defect)
but then again I drive a regular cab, and have always been a sucker for trucks and not people haulers...
just my 2 cents but really look into that locking 4x4 thing I looked at one of these really hard to replace our aging civic that has 190 k on it instead got an 91 blazer beater with a heater to make it through the winter and milked the civic for another year...
haters gonna hate but what it really comes down to is that you can build anything in to what ever you want if you have the time and the money
honda,
chev,
whatever

speaking of...... all of this talk makes me miss waldo county ME my home for 4 years...
Old 06-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #100
mdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nice

mdurbs68's Tacoma Gallery
The RL has what's called a VTM Lock button that when pressed locks in 4wd. When this button is pushed it will only stay in 4wd to 15 mph then goes back to normal part time mode. Standard on all RLs.