Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

"I drove a Ridgeline, and I liked it".

Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #101
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
The real weakness with both Honda and Toyota right now is the lack of fun when driving. I say this with the Tacoma being the exception. Even without the supercharger, the Tacoma is both capable and reasonably fun on the interstates and city roads without compromising off road fun.

The same can't be said for the ridgeline imo. It's a great "crossover" in a lot of ways. If you like the AWD CRV but would prefer a little more "rugged" utility instead of keeping the stroller and groceries dry, it's awesome. Saturday gardening trips, some runs to the depot, or even throwing your mountain bikes in the back without laying the seats down make the ridgeline the perfect truck replacement for the suburbanite.

The place where Honda has excelled is upper trims. The leather is nice. I envy the sunroof since Toyota has it available on the Tundra, but forgot about the Taco. The interior is a little more utilitarian for family hauling than the Taco, and it's Honda Fit magic seat setup is a little smarter if you want to haul a TV home in the cab or give the dog a little space without forcing her to slide around on the plastic that covers the back of our double cab Tacos.

The center console is also a little weird to someone who's driven rear wheel drive vehicles their whole life. The openness makes me think something is missing and though this is all personal, I dislike the column shifter. I've read lots of talk about the new Silverado and how so many people dislike the column and dismiss it as cheap looking compared to the competition so I know I'm not alone, but one of my closest buddies prefers it over his tractors manual so that's really just personal preference.

I spent forever trying to decide on the Tacoma I wanted and though I've wanted one since ol' Marty McFly's I was terrified of buyers remorse so I checked, rechecked, and checked again on the ridgeline. When everything was said and done, the Taco was just more fun even if I was giving up some of that luxury offered in the ridgeline.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone who made the opposite decision. Ultimately, I think it comes down to not which one you like better as they are both very enticing, but where you might be in life right now. If you need a backup crossover but don't want the guys to tease you about your wife keeping your testicles in her purse, you go with the ridgeline. If you want/need a capable truck for you, the dog, maybe a wife and a kid when the other car is a fun sedan like an quattro A4 or a 3.5 Altima, you're probably gonna be drawn to a Taco.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #102
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
somewhere...there's a guy with an F-250 who feels the same about your Tacoma.
But something tells me he's uses words like "bruh" and can't figure out why the magnums his gf keeps in her nightstand are always so loose.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #103
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chip View Post
I read this with a lispy voice in mind... it was hilarious!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #104
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
My Dad has a Ridgeline and its very nice to drive. Its solid and very useful with the tailgate and storage. The interior is full of storage and the fit and finish is top notch. That said..... FRONT WHEEL DRIVE.... but as a four door truck for use everyday for someone that doesn't NEED a truck, It's great. The bed is very deep, so it can haul alot more than it look like it can. Also, way quieter than my tacoma.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #105
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR90125 View Post
I'd rather go thru a full mud season in a Taco than the ridgeline. Pretty sure the ridgeline wouldn't be able to tow my sleds or boat. Although the ridgeline will hold its value very well, the Taco will smoke it there too.

Just my .02
Probably why you bought a Tacoma yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
that is exactly what makes it NOT A TRUCK

it is a chopped SUV, period
Oh you must have bought a Tacoma for this reason too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
yup. I have ridden in a co-workers Ridgeline 5 times, driving from
Portland (where the owner is) past Bangor and even up to Loring...

1) It is NOT a truck, it is an SUV with open storage in the back
2) very comfortable and handles well when empty
3) With 900 lbs load of copper wire, drove like a bus with broken tie rod
and no brakes
Again why you bought a Tacoma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Ridgelines are kinda neat looking and all, but as far as I'm concerned, they aren't real trucks. I wouldn't try to use one like a real truck, anyways. (Heavy towing, off-roading, etc.)
And probably why you bought a Tacoma too.

If the guy wants a Ridgeline, let him buy one if it suits him....you guys didn't buy a Ridgeline cuz it didn't suit you.

If a Ridgeline had suited you and interested you, you would have bought one.

Its funny when someone posts up a thread like this and tells what they are going to do with it and someone says "Well try doing this, probably won't hold up." The guy is never going to try that, doesn't need to try that and isn't buying the damn vehicle to do that so that point of "try doing this_____" is non essential to the conversation.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #106
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
You should try NOT buying a Ridgeline. I bet that'd work.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #107
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
You should try NOT buying a Ridgeline. I bet that'd work.
Now this is essential lol!

I'd get a Caddy version of the Avalanche before getting a Ridgeline, maybe that's just the pimp in me.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #108
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Hope you have your flame suit on
Remember. He carries a knife with him. He's dangerous. Or he thinks he's going to get robbed driving a Ridgeline.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #109
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
You know what they say. Suck one cock, and suddenly you're gay.
This made me lol. Sometimes it just slips into your mouth!