Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

"I drove a Ridgeline, and I liked it".

Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
"I drove a Ridgeline, and I liked it".

Yes I did.

I had some time to kill before I went in to work today so I test drove a 2012 RTS with 16k on the odometer.

I know haters gunna hate, but I thought it was a great (but somewhat ugly) vehicle. I carry a Swiss Army knife for a reason, this vehicle seems like the automotive equivalent.

I'll leave it at that. Let the fireworks begin...
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The big question is, would you buy one? I had a VW bug given to me as a rental car once. I actually really enjoyed driving it. Would I own one? Hell no.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The big question is, would you buy one? I had a VW bug given to me as a rental car once. I actually really enjoyed driving it. Would I own one? Hell no.
In short, yes.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
In short, yes.
Hope you have your flame suit on
Old 06-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hope you have your flame suit on
I never stir up shit, it's about time.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never stir up shit, it's about time.
My wife and I bought her a Honda Accord last summer and while she was filling out the paper work, I was wandering around the dealership and checked out the new Ridgeline. I did like the interior setup and the under bed storage. I've never ridden in one though but heard they ride like a car. The part the makes me nervous about them is the independent rear suspension vs. the solid axle. I would wonder how it would hold up if you actually used it as a truck since a solid axle is a lot stronger than an IRS setup and generally lower maintenance.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
So what exactly did you like about it?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My wife and I bought her a Honda Accord last summer and while she was filling out the paper work, I was wandering around the dealership and checked out the new Ridgeline. I did like the interior setup and the under bed storage. I've never ridden in one though but heard they ride like a car. The part the makes me nervous about them is the independent rear suspension vs. the solid axle. I would wonder how it would hold up if you actually used it as a truck since a solid axle is a lot stronger than an IRS setup and generally lower maintenance.
It had a set of Michelin LTXs on it. Felt like a full size sedan. The capacities are enough for my needs and what I've used my Tacoma for. I wouldn't expect it to work like a regular solid axle truck.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Ladies looked at him and they think he's ready to settle down because he's being a soccer mom.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
  • Seat comfort
  • ride
  • dual action tailgate
  • lockable under bed storage
  • Automatic on the column
  • lots of storage for crap all over the interior
  • tie down points seemed strong
  • 4 wheel disk brakes
Just the highlights
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Ladies looked at him and they think he's ready to settle down because he's being a soccer mom.
Not true. We already own a Sienna in this house...
Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #15
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
You know what they say. Suck one cock, and suddenly you're gay.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Why does this thread title make me think of

Oh yeah, Bewbs.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
  • Seat comfort
  • ride
  • dual action tailgate
  • 4 wheel disk brakes
Just the highlights
But... does it have 20 cup holders???
Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #18
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Probably fine if you don't need a truck.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
  • Seat comfort
  • ride
  • dual action tailgate
  • 4 wheel disk brakes
Just the highlights
things that also suck. not a full size spare tire.and have fun unloading everything to get to it!

also 4 wheel disk brakes and still takes longer to stop then the taco with drums in the rear. so i don’t see how disk in the rear is a plus.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
http://gaywheels.com/2006/05/2006_honda_ridgeline/