Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

new Corolla

Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
I hope this one is better than the current version. I got one for the wife and now I get to drive it to and from work. It is uncomfortable, the controls are in the wrong place and the damn steering wheel is too far away, not to mention it feels very cheap.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #22
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
If it had a RWD 240 hp option I'd be interested. Why Toyota refuses to make a good 4cyl NA RWD car these days makes me sad.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #23
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
^ scion frs?

Personally I like it, if I had a long commute I would put it on my shopping list. This cars purpose in life is to acumalate miles as cheaply as possible, which corollas have been pretty good at for awhile.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
^ scion frs?

Personally I like it, if I had a long commute I would put it on my shopping list. This cars purpose in life is to acumalate miles as cheaply as possible, which corollas have been pretty good at for awhile.
But the FRS is just to flashy. I want a 4 seater compact I can drive to work daily. Made by toyota. Looks like a commuter with the power to kill a couple babies.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #25
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Subaru WRX...

Subaru and Toyota are pretty much tied at the hip nowadays. Toyota owns 10% of Fuji. Subaru's Indiana plant makes Camrys when there's too much demand on Toyota's Kentucky plant.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Subaru WRX...
Yes sir. Yes sir indeed
Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #27
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
But the FRS is just to flashy. I want a 4 seater compact I can drive to work daily. Made by toyota. Looks like a commuter with the power to kill a couple babies.
Mazdaspeed3? My GF drives one. Pushing close to 270Hp and decently practical. Only downside is fwd-torque steer like a mf'er when the boost kicks in
Old 06-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #28
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think both the Focus and Corolla are styled to be bland and non-offensive. I prefer the N.A. Corolla look slightly because it has some resemblence with the Tesla S and Scion FR-S. The wheel archs show some Nissan influence as well.
I would say your right about the Corolla, but the Focus? Lol

Not quite sure how this is bland. The early-mid 2000s Focus is too ugly, but now Ford gave the Focus a set of balls.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #29
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I kind of like it, I do like the current generation of corollas though. Maybe this one has a bigger engine option. The 2013 I test drove felt a bit lacking.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #30
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
(British) Top gear agrees, there was an episode where they said fwd cars with more than ~200 hp are rubbish when it comes to torque steering and under steer coming out of a corner.

If you want rwd small sedan you pretty much have to go to a luxury car like a 328i. vw gli/gti is not bad compromise between the two tho.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #31
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, I think it can still use a bit more kick though. maybe the manual would fix it.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I would say your right about the Corolla, but the Focus? Lol

Not quite sure how this is bland. The early-mid 2000s Focus is too ugly, but now Ford gave the Focus a set of balls.
A heavily modded sample from Stanceworks is hardly representative of a "typical" Focus:

And the Focus' interior design is bad, waaay too busy.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #33
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
A heavily modded sample from Stanceworks is hardly representative of a "typical" Focus:

And the Focus' interior design is bad, waaay too busy.
Bollocks, I get you don't like the focus, but what I am trying to say is that the Focus offers more than a Corolla. You can get a much nicer and well equipped Focus than a Corolla.

uh....
Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #34
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Can't get that here. Ford, like GM, sells the cool cars in Australia and Europe...

Americans are stuck with the 5-door and the Aston Martin ripoff styling:

Toyota sells this outside N. America:

Old 06-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Mr. President

Ford is for people who need to buy a self image so it's no doubt they need it flashy
Old 06-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
got 5VZFE?

but i like the ferd
Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #37
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
^Can't get that here. Ford, like GM, sells the cool cars in Australia and Europe...
Agreed, places outside of here get so much cool stuff.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #38
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Yeah, I think it can still use a bit more kick though. maybe the manual would fix it.
it's an economy car. that's it. it's not meant to be exciting in any way. even people who mod them keep them low and slow. if you want them to be even remotely exciting to drive you need boost, and even then the FWD takes a lot away from the driving experience
Old 06-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #39
Mr. President

My civic, even in its economy mode, has more kick to it and its able to pass people/ get up to highway speeds easier. I've never had an issue with it being fwd either.

I liked the corolla better, but it would struggle with short on ramps or passing people with out moderately flooring it.

I'm not saying supercharge it, just more power so its not as sluggish.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #40
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't be a bad commuter car.