Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Sizing of air lines

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Sizing of air lines

Hey
What size air lines are you all running from your mounted air compressors to you outlets
My compressor has 1/4" male threads
Was thinking of doing 3/8" rubber hose from hd.....and some barbed fittings
Any insight????

Also any wiring advise
I have blue sea fuse biz and my own switch already run to area where compressor will be mounted
So in assuming 10 or 12 gauge to compressor from battery and switch to relay
Old 06-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 06-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Larger will not hurt a thing.
I don't know crap about electrical ( anything that you can not see and can kill you is not to be trusted! )
Old 06-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti View Post
I used 3/8 hose from my compressor to outlets and tank.

10 ga wire should be more than adequate to power the compressor. Google wire gauge chart to check your specs.

Cheers.
IS IT RUBBER 3/8" HOSE AND BARBED CONNECTIONS?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I would run air line like this.

http://thorbros.com/catalog/air-line-dot

They also sell any type of fitting you can think of.

http://thorbros.com/catalog/fittings

Here is another good site to order from.

http://www.avsontheweb.com/home.php?cat=124

The size of the wire depends on how far away the comp. is from the battery and how many amps it pulls at full load. 10ga should be fine but if you are putting it under your bed or something, I would step it down to 6ga or maybe even 4ga.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
BIG DADDY

thanks for the help guyz
now how does one mount air chucks on my bumpers.....
i was looking to drill a hole and thread some fitting through?
i know someone has done this before?
pics would be great?
also how do these ait fittings work?
i have never used or seen them before?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
thanks for the help guyz
now how does one mount air chucks on my bumpers.....
i was looking to drill a hole and thread some fitting through?
i know someone has done this before?
pics would be great?
also how do these ait fittings work?
i have never used or seen them before?
bump

Products Discussed in this Thread