Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

issues and headaches with toughone brand from advance auto

Old 06-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
issues and headaches with toughone brand from advance auto

I needed a new cv axel for my car, bought a toughone brand from advance auto. They are supposed to be brand new. It fit fine and installed with no problems. I drove on it for 2 days and then it started vibrating bad. Took out the first one and installed another. Drove it for a few days and it started vibrating again. Just to make sure it was the axel i put the original back in (has a torn cv boot) and it drives fine with no vibrating.
The employees at advance auto have been cool, they give the refunds with no problems. Just a pain in the ass that i have now done the same job 3 times and still need to put a new one in from napa.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
That's a common issue with bottom-rung offshore parts. OEM may be expensive, but you get what you pay for in most cases. In China or Taiwan or wherever they're sourcing that stuff, all those manufacturers care about is if the part looks correct, they don't give a hoot if it will perform properly
Old 06-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i only got it because it was faster and easier to swap the whole thing rather then use one of the glue on "qwik boot" for the torn cv boot.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Praying I have a "cheap axle" issue as well. Find out tomorrow.