LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Cadillac ATS

Old 06-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
Cadillac ATS

Last week while I was having tires put on my truck, I had the privilege of driving a 2013 Cadillac ATS. Have to love having a mother in law who sells Cadillacs for a living. One thing I took away after driving it for a few days, I don't like it.

I knew Cadillac was trying to become more youth geared, but this thing rode like an old tractor. Now granted, it is an all wheel drive with run flat tires but wow!

Now, the only plus side was the power. More than once I looked down and noticed I was setting on 90 on the interstate. Luckily, none of my police buddies were out.

Just curious, has there ever been something that you were excited to drive only to be let down?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
Sadly youre right. GM is winning. The new Silverado/Sierra is bad@$$ and I have always been a fan of the CTS. Especially the V. But I like high performance. I guess thats why my dream car is a Lexus LFA!

I really wish Toyota would come out with something like the Supra again.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
anotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud of
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure yota will come out with another supra, they are missing out on a big chunk of the market. It woukd be badass if it looked the same as the last generation with a updated interior and engine. As far as the Cadillac i wont ever buy a new gm vehicle, they lost my trust.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'd wanna drive one once the new TT 3.6 makes it under the hood probably in the V version.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
Im sure yota will come out with another supra, they are missing out on a big chunk of the market. It woukd be badass if it looked the same as the last generation with a updated interior and engine. As far as the Cadillac i wont ever buy a new gm vehicle, they lost my trust.
same here. the last gm vehicle I bought was the "new Impala" In the first year the master cylinder went out, the brake rotors warped, the a/c went out (while on vacation in the outer banks) and warning lights would come on for no good reason.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
BriansZ is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
BriansZ's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has an ATS and I love driving it. It's a nice change from the truck. Of course, we're big GM fans. I've had several f-bodies ('97 'z28, '99 ss, and '01 ws6), '06 Tahoe Z71, '02 Grand Prix GTP, etc, so I'm loyal to GM. Our ATS is a 2.0T, and while it could use a little more power it's handling is better than anything else we drove with four doors, except for maybe the X3. I was unimpressed with the new 3-series cars, and if the x3 was available in rwd we probably would've went with that. No need for awd in Austin.

As far as cars that I've been unimpressed with, the 5th gen Camaro comes to mind. I test drove one and didn't care for it. I ended up going over to Ford and buying a '11 Mustang GT instead.