Good daily driver car?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #21
jarury will become famous soon enoughjarury will become famous soon enough

Name: jacob
jarury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Corolla S.

I have a 2012, fucking thing gets 36mpg, cheap as fuck, not ground breaking fast, but fun to drive, and only borderline queer....
This or a tc would be my choices. I traded in my taco for a corolla s and it was that or a tc.. Get about 32mpg on 100% city driving
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #22
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Go with your first choice.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #23
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
i say xb only because it won me over. this car wasnt even on my radar when i was looking for a daily. i didnt even like the way it looked! when i was o the toyota lot, i was looking at corolla s and tc, and when we passed the xb i kinda joked about it and asked the sales guy (which is also my friend that was helping me, so he knows my tastes for cars) "how about this? *chuckling and toeing the tire as if im put-off by the though". at the same time i saw that it was standard. so for the heck of it i took it for a test drive. i was pleased to find the car is very spacious, the motor is actually the corolla xrs motor, it came in standard, its treated as a multi-purpose vehicle so you can tint the rear windows as dark as you like, and the car is actually a pleasure to drive. i was sold, when i found out they gave me military discount, so i got the car for what i think was a damn good deal. not the best thing to look at stock level, but this car has A LOT of aftermarket support. one downside. the xb is being discontinued next year. jump on the bandwagon while you can.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #24
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
i say xb only because it won me over. this car wasnt even on my radar when i was looking for a daily. i didnt even like the way it looked! when i was o the toyota lot, i was looking at corolla s and tc, and when we passed the xb i kinda joked about it and asked the sales guy (which is also my friend that was helping me, so he knows my tastes for cars) "how about this? *chuckling and toeing the tire as if im put-off by the though". at the same time i saw that it was standard. so for the heck of it i took it for a test drive. i was pleased to find the car is very spacious, the motor is actually the corolla xrs motor, it came in standard, its treated as a multi-purpose vehicle so you can tint the rear windows as dark as you like, and the car is actually a pleasure to drive. i was sold, when i found out they gave me military discount, so i got the car for what i think was a damn good deal. not the best thing to look at stock level, but this car has A LOT of aftermarket support. one downside. the xb is being discontinued next year. jump on the bandwagon while you can.
U know its because u seen mine and wanted in on the action....
Old 06-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #26
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
Remember if you get a VW with dsg, the 40k maintenance is about 300-400 bucks. I don't know what your commute is like, but my issue with the VW tdi is the premium than could be offset in the used market with the manual BUT if I drive enough miles to make the tdi worth it, chances are I'd want the automatic.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #27
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
WRX wagon awd, turbcharged, 4 doors, room in the back. Great platform to start or end. I'm looking for one myself
Old 06-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #28
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
My dd is a 2 door civic. Not fast at all but rides pretty good, great mileage, insurance is cheap, and so is maintenance. My mom just bought a brand new legacy, it's out of your price range, but it's a very cool car. You could probably get an older one in your range.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #29
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Forester XT's are AWESOME daily drivers. I know from experience....I own one as a daily driver alternating with my Taco. 04-08's are probably my favorite body styles.

Here is my 2004 Forester XT:

It hauls mine and the lady's bikes:

It hauls my pup:

....and for an SUWagon, IT HAULS ASS!!

I've taken this thing out to Tahoe in the snow/slush and never once had any "butt puckering" moments. Subaru AWD is as reliable as they get.

Forester = WRX wagon with a taller roof and bigger trunk. FXT gets my vote---from experience.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #30
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
we have a 2005 forester XT. great car.

but. is isnt great on fuel mileage. and it requires super unleaded. both make this less than ideal as a daily beater.

our is flawless. the only thing that broke is the sunroof. i just derailed. minor bumps; drivers side window has more wind noise than i like..and the windshield just developed a tiny leak.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
4th Gen Civics are great, especially if you can get a hatchback. Great gas mileage, decent amount of room for a small car, extremely dependable. Our '91 had 342k on it when it was rear-ended and put out of commission. We are taking that engine, cleaning it up, and dropping it in the body of a '90 that we bought off an old school friend of mine. They never die!