FR-S vs 350Z vs 370Z

View Poll Results: FR-S, 350Z, or 370Z?
Scion FR-S 27 45.76%
Nissan 350Z 2 3.39%
Nissan 370Z 30 50.85%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #61
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 916 YATES View Post
Should hook a Duck Dynasty duck call up to that blow off valve
Git. Git out. Git out now. Youre not allowed to talk import anymore! Lol
Old 06-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #62
916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
916 YATES's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Here you go(its the same one) Fast forward a minute or so and watch it drift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxjfT...e_gdata_player
Did he say "Quarter of a million dollar race car"?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #63
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Did he say "Quarter of a million dollar race car"?
Meeh its probably atleast $100k. Not sure about $250k but i know the shortblocks alone for 2jz's can be upwards of like $5k
Then you have all internals
Then all the bolt ons
Then trans
Then all the labor and custom parts to fit that big ass engine in the car.
Converting it from Fwd to RWD.
The custom suspension
Electronics
Etc

I bet he wasnt that far off from 1/4 mill.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #64
916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Git. Git out. Git out now. Youre not allowed to talk import anymore! Lol
What manufacturer makes a Git engine?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #65

Quote:
Meeh its probably atleast $100k. Not sure about $250k but i know the shortblocks alone for 2jz's can be upwards of like $5k
Then you have all internals
Then all the bolt ons
Then trans
Then all the labor and custom parts to fit that big ass engine in the car.
Converting it from Fwd to RWD.
The custom suspension
Electronics
Etc

I bet he wasnt that far off from 1/4 mill.
Can I be in charge of $$$ for his next build?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #66

Seems like for $250,000, he could have bought some --TRACTION
Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #67
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Gtr
Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #68
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Seems like for $250,000, he could have bought some --TRACTION
Traction isnt fun tho lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #69

right, looked fun. I would roost it around the block,twice. Traction takes much more research and skill. That is just raw over power. Have you ever seen the Smart car with Hyabusa engine? that is kinda what it reminds me of, untameable power. Cool? Yes. Usable?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #70
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
right, looked fun. I would roost it around the block,twice. Traction takes much more research and skill. That is just raw over power. Have you ever seen the Smart car with Hyabusa engine? that is kinda what it reminds me of, untameable power. Cool? Yes. Usable?
Meh im biased cause i haz a 260z with a 280z motor with a built top end and whenever i drive it... Leaving these is the funnest part lol FR-S vs 350Z vs 370Z-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371883943.494550.jpg

One day when i get the rear main seal replaced im going to put some wider tires on it and try some autocross with it.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #71

Right on! nice even posi! Autocross is fun, real challenging in 94 RX-7(sequential turbos and such) but fun. Not as much fun as first gen RX-7 race car on sears point. Autocross is fun though, in some ways more challenging.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #72
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what is the zero to 60 time on supercharged tacoma 4WD double cab long bed?
4 seconds no?

werty ftw

my bad, I think hes a short bed........either way, haulin at firebird iirc
Old 06-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #73
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Right on! nice even posi! Autocross is fun, real challenging in 94 RX-7(sequential turbos and such) but fun. Not as much fun as first gen RX-7 race car on sears point. Autocross is fun though, in some ways more challenging.
Yea the locker has been tested in it to say the least.

I wanna autocross my moms car but she wont let me
FR-S vs 350Z vs 370Z-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371884518.922041.jpg
Im probably gonna build stroker motor for my Z so i dont have to worry about keeping it spooled up coming into corners.

First gens Rx-7's are so ugly! Lol theyre only good for LS1 swaps
Old 06-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #74

First gens Rx-7's are so ugly! Lol theyre only good for LS1 swaps [/QUOTE]

Just remembered you are a Nissan fan. Drove $10,000 first gen RX-7 on Sears point, left a $100,000+ BMW hanging on the outside of turn 11. That was a feeling of freedom.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #75

Nice color blue on that Z. I"m out.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #76
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Nice color blue on that Z. I"m out.
Thanks and me too
Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #77
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Lexus should have never taken straight 6 2jz-gte out of the IS 300. Nice chattin with you, were we talking about nissan z's and Scion's?
IS 300 had a 2JZ-GE. No T designation. The T is only in the Supra. There are block differences. The GTE has forged internals and extra oil squirters. Even then the GE was good for about 450Hp. The transmission in the IS was another problem all in it self. the W56 is a turd of a 5 speed and not much good above 350hp or so. The slushbox in the IS could hold more power. If you were doing more HP you had to do a V160/161 swap. beast. I had a couple friends running GTE and V161 swaps in their IS's doing 700+ HP. sick cars. Mine was Supercharged and only doing 305 at the wheels.

as for the OP.. i would take the 370Z if you dont take into the cost. From a pure tuner standpoint though, in the price range of the FRS and in that market i would be more interested in the genesis coupe turbo. much more potential. This is based solely on the turbo aspect. I haven't researched the tunability of the Genesis Turbo engine.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #78
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
IS 300 had a 2JZ-GE. No T designation. The T is only in the Supra. There are block differences. The GTE has forged internals and extra oil squirters. Even then the GE was good for about 450Hp. The transmission in the IS was another problem all in it self. the W56 is a turd of a 5 speed and not much good above 350hp or so. The slushbox in the IS could hold more power. If you were doing more HP you had to do a V160/161 swap. beast. I had a couple friends running GTE and V161 swaps in their IS's doing 700+ HP. sick cars. Mine was Supercharged and only doing 305 at the wheels.
Sc300 had the 2jz-ge also. The supra isnt the onlycar that had a 2jz-gte. The Soarer also had it. Thats the difference whenever you buy a USDM 2jz and a JDM 2JZ. Ones from the supra and ones from the soarer.

Everything else was correct tho
Old 06-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #79
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Sc300 had the 2jz-ge also. The supra isnt the onlycar that had a 2jz-gte. The Soarer also had it. Thats the difference whenever you buy a USDM 2jz and a JDM 2JZ. Ones from the supra and ones from the soarer.

Everything else was correct tho
I was talking specifically about USDM cars.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post

as for the OP.. i would take the 370Z if you dont take into the cost. From a pure tuner standpoint though, in the price range of the FRS and in that market i would be more interested in the genesis coupe turbo. much more potential. This is based solely on the turbo aspect. I haven't researched the tunability of the Genesis Turbo engine.
Wow, you are right, you know IS's. I think the straight 6 may be more durable than the V6. What do you think?

I agree about the Genesis, may be a widely under-rated sports car. The FRS is a good idea--rear wheal drive is fun to drive. It is really a subaru? or only the power plant?