Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Windows Down, or A/C. NOT MPG RELATED

View Poll Results: Windows down or a/c???
Windows up, a/c running full blast.. 36 42.35%
Window(s) cracked/open, a/c running full blast..<< (WHY would you do that??) 7 8.24%
Driver Window down 5 5.88%
Driver, passenger window down 9 10.59%
All windows down.. Who needs to hear their music? Just listen to nature.. and the wind.. 11 12.94%
All windows down +sunroof or back window 1 1.18%
Sunroof or back window 2 2.35%
Real men sweat.. Windows up, no A/C 1 1.18%
All the windows down.. Gotta keep the passengers quiet somehow. 1 1.18%
Who cares? 12 14.12%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Windows Down, or A/C. NOT MPG RELATED

I dunno about you, but here it is blazin hot where I am right now. For the next few months..
Not just for Tacomas!
My question to you (Vote!!) is window(s) down, or a/c.. or maybe a combo of both during these hot drives. Or maybe you are one of those who refuses to conform, and just suffer with the windows up and no a/c..
Entirely regardless of the myths regarding window down=bad MPG.
Pretend that you will achieve the same MPG. Even if you don't believe that.

Personally, I have been keeping the window down.. Get to rest my hand on the door, and just makes it feel like summer. Relaxing for me. Unless it is rush hour, and traffic is at a standstill and no fresh air is coming in, in which case I'll roll the window up and blast that cold a/c!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Today was windows cracked, AC on. I got in my truck and it was so oppressively hot so I cracked the window for a minute to hasten the exit of the stale air.

If it's just hot and I'm driving along, my window down and open the slider unless it's horrifically humid.

I did something today I rarely if ever do, turned the AC up all the way. I was helping a friend move some furniture for his daughter and driving door to door was 2 minutes, so I blasted it to cool us off and refresh us a bit before the next load or unload..

Oh yeah, located about 30 min south of Boston MA..
Old 06-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
A lot less crap you need to clean from the inside of your car when you keep windows up. Plus in the PNW, half the time you're using your A/C as a defrost.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
It gets hot here in the summer (last year it was 115 in the shade) so i'd vote AC, but mines busted, so it's windows down for me.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
For those who have allergies, windows up and use the A/C!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
idk what to vote for.

it really depends on the day/weather. put 90% of the time its 2 front widows all the way down, rear 2 about 1/2 way or all the way some times and music up. If it’s really humid. (most evening/nights are, and the windhsield will fog up and shit so i have to either put a/c on or some times a little heat. also, at night i like rolling around with A/C on my feet and windows down.

also now that i got my vent visors last year, i even have the windows cracked in the rain a lot. even rolling down the interstate at 70mph.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i only use the air when im on a road trip and doing over 70mph or if i have a passenger.

going 70 with windows down is to much noise, and passengers always complain with windows down aswell.

i would have the windows down 24 7 if the noise wasnt so bad on the highway
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
I voted windows up but that's only while on pavement. Offroad I have all my windows down.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
My office is like an ice box, so I go windows down on the way home just to thaw out a bit. It's going to 85 today, so it's going feel good outside

When the wife is in the car, though, it's AC - but not by my choice.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
i only use the air when im on a road trip and doing over 70mph or if i have a passenger.

going 70 with windows down is to much noise, and passengers always complain with windows down aswell.

i would have the windows down 24 7 if the noise wasnt so bad on the highway
Yeah, that's a good point.

My wife and I rented a convertible while we were in Hawaii last month, and the noise on the freeways was brutal when in fast traffic.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
drivers window down and crank the radio the whole drive home after work, all highway
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Summers never get too bad here in Orange County (SoCal), so I usually go windows down unless we're in the mid-90s + or I have passengers who prefer AC.

I love the windows down!

Though on the way to work I usually crack three windows 1/4 of the way down (driver, passenger, left rear window) so I get a breeze but not enough to mess up the hair.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Windows down, and A/C cranked. The A/C keeps me cold, and the wind keeps me awake.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #14
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Down here in louisiana..there is only one option...closed and AC on...humidity kills me down here XD
Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
My car has no A/C. I would do "Doors Off" if I could.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I usually start with windows cracked and AC full blast to get rid of the initial heat of the truck sitting in the sun, then windows up AC blowing 3/4
Old 06-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
squatnbear will become famous soon enoughsquatnbear will become famous soon enough
Marines:
squatnbear's Tacoma Gallery
Tint the windows helps so much!!! Roll them up and thank the A/C gods.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #18
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I love driving with windows down/slider open. But I hate to sweat unless I'm prepared to, so if its too hot, or kids in the truck, a/c is on.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Windows down when I live in new mexico with no humidity. Now it's AC because I hate that sticky feeling.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #20
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
My AC works extremely well, but I've always been a "roll all the damn windows down" kind of guy. I enjoy the wind and being a little closer to the outdoors. The only time I really use the AC is when I'm coming home from a long day at work, and I will sit in my yard with the AC on blast for a couple minutes to cool down before I go in the house, which is always hotter than it is outside. (Broken AC.)
My dad used to always say that it was okay to have the windows down under speeds of 40 MPH, but he always made me roll my window up if we went on the interstate. But he's a really bad gas miser.