Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Seriously, Jiffy Lube?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously, Jiffy Lube?

I took my wife's Sienna to Jiffy Lube for a state inspection today. While waiting I read over the services they provide and their prices. If you would like their "Top of the line, 5 Star, Mobil 1 oil change, it's only $99.99" 5 quart limit applies...

Wow.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 07-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
On the plus side, they're likely to crank the cover for the canister filter on so tight you'll need a 3 foot cheater bar to get it off. And leave the filler cap off as well.

My wife is forbidden to go there any more.

Oh, and Sienna is 6 qts so.....
Old 07-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
On the plus side, they're likely to crank the cover for the canister filter on so tight you'll need a 3 foot cheater bar to get it off. And leave the filler cap off as well.

My wife is forbidden to go there any more.

Oh, and Sienna is 6 qts so.....
I know. Trust me, I ran my own mobile oil change business before. I would never let anyone else change my oil. During the year I operated I heard a ton of horror stories about quick lube places, and especially Wal-Mart car care centers.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Not going to lie but jiffy lube sounds like something you would find in a sex ad
Old 07-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
I had one of those places replace a sensor on one of my old trucks. When I came back to pick it up, they said 9 lug nuts had stripped and that they put the wheels back on but I shouldn't drive it like that.... I asked them why they even took the tires off in the first place and they said it was part of a "courtesy inspection." I said I didn't authorize that and I shouldn't have to pay for their mess up. I did the last tire rotation and I know they weren't cross threaded when I put them on. Not to mention after the first two or three they should have called me. After several minutes of heated discussion the guy said technically he should call the cops because my truck was unsafe to drive. Lesson learned. I don't let quick service places any where near my cars anymore.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
donson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
donson6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
I'd say that it's probably a typo, $39.99 sounds more realistic.
39.99 for dino...there nuts...
Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
sense I work there... sadly *cough cough* I can verify that that's the right price for the mobile 1 because according to "corporate", that's a synthetic oil change.. they start at $86.99 for penzoil..

on a side note, I'm sorry that your local JL is so shitty... I know that the one I work at, we (I) never over tighten the filters or canister caps and am always sure to properly torque drain plugs.... as far as inspections go, we don't do those at our shop so I can't comment there
Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I was at a Jiffy lube was with my GF and her Mazdaspeed3 since I couldnt easily get under to change it... I brought in my oil (mobil 1 since I refused to pay their $99) and they said they couldnt do my oil change at their standard $25.99 price since I wasnt using their oil. WTF? Talked it out with the 'manager' for like 15 minutes and he finally agreed to do it. Then to top off the whole ordeal, they get the car done and pull it out and walk off and I see it start rolling down the hill outside the door so I yell at them that the car is rolling away and they run after it and set the parking brake.
Apparently they didnt know how to set a parking brake or leave a manual transmission in 1st to keep the car from rolling. And of course they still tried selling one of their stupid expensive air filters since ours was 'extremely dirty' (the cars filter had 4k miles on it, changed at previous oil change and was barely a hint of dirt showing).

This was a year and a half ago, and we'll NEVER be going back in my lifetime.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #12

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
sense I work there... sadly *cough cough* I can verify that that's the right price for the mobile 1 because according to "corporate", that's a synthetic oil change.. they start at $86.99 for penzoil..

on a side note, I'm sorry that your local JL is so shitty... I know that the one I work at, we (I) never over tighten the filters or canister caps and am always sure to properly torque drain plugs.... as far as inspections go, we don't do those at our shop so I can't comment there
Seriously, I'm going to have to find another place to get my inpsections done. It's hard to sit there and not tell these people they are paying WAY too much...