Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

79 f-250 vs. 98 tacoma

View Poll Results: who will win in the mud????
taco 31 63.27%
f-250 18 36.73%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
79 f-250 vs. 98 tacoma

who do u think will go futher in the mud?

79 f-250 is a v8 4 door with 37 inch tires

98 tacoma is a I4 extended cab with 31 inch tires

i say the taco but my friend says his f-250 can can out do my taco in the mud
so i ask u tacoma world for ur oponion
Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
There's only one way to find out...
thats what i told him
Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
uhhh.... stop bench racing and go do it!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Film it.
good idea
but if i lose noone will see that vid
Old 03-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
So what if you loose.........should still be a good time.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
The F250 is way too heavy and the wheel base is too long! Hands down the Taco should win!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
So what if you loose.........should still be a good time.
i have a BIG proublem with fords thats why
Old 03-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Cypert View Post
The F250 is way too heavy and the wheel base is too long! Hands down the Taco should win!
YEA!!!!!!!1 rep 4 u
Old 03-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
You NEVER know??????
Old 03-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #12
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
Like 3 or 4 years ago I think it was Four Wheeler Magazing that did a comparison bettween a brand new $50,000 F-250 verse and 85 (I believe) Toyota Pick up and the Toyota beat it in almost every off-road test. I am looking for the article now.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Take a tow strap. He is gonna need pulled out.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marazzito View Post
Like 3 or 4 years ago I think it was Four Wheeler Magazing that did a comparison bettween a brand new $50,000 F-250 verse and 85 (I believe) Toyota Pick up and the Toyota beat it in almost every off-road test. I am looking for the article now.
yea thats awesome
a 85 4wd is gonna be my next truck
or a 86-88 with a solid axle swap
Old 03-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #15
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Higherlux,

That red taco in you sig, is it a TRD?

5 sp?

SR5?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Higherlux,

That red taco in you sig, is it a TRD?

5 sp?

SR5?
5 speed non trd sr5
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Depends a lot on the mud.

I don't go mudding but if I did I'd want somethign huge like an F250. Seen to many little trucks bite off more than they could chew out at Lawtey.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #18

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
5 speed non trd sr5
Looks just like my old one (RIP)

TRD with SR5

God I miss her.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Depends a lot on the mud.

I don't go mudding but if I did I'd want somethign huge like an F250. Seen to many little trucks bite off more than they could chew out at Lawtey.
i think a f-250 is too long and too heavy to go mudding
but start with a older toyota and swap a chevy 350 in and a th400 trans and do a sas and put sum lockers in it with lower gears and uve got a bad ass lil truck
Old 03-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
yea thats awesome
a 85 4wd is gonna be my next truck
or a 86-88 with a solid axle swap

Mine too... I am looking for an 85, last year of the solid first of the Fuel Injection, sounds like you know whats up. My buddy has an 85 4runner but I can't get him to sell it to me.