Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Those dangley things on small imports....

Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
if mounted correctly they are actually pretty useful

sometimes the car is super slammed too and it's hard to get underneath to the pretty flimsy stock tow hook location.

i've had to pull a couple civics and 240's out of the ditch a few times using these

its really nice since they are usually brightly colored and easy to spot on the bumper.
^^^this…
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
that part is actually required on a track car. they need a quick connect point for the tow truck to yank your ass off the track if case of a crash or mech problem.

track ones are usually mounted horizontal so the dont snag stuff..and they dont come in such gay colors. (not that is it a bad thing)..just poseur stuff on a car like a civic for the street.

trying to look "track".
and this ^^^
Old 08-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Honestly I thought someone was trolling this thread with a sex toy picture when I saw it lol
That's what I thought, too- that's why I clicked on it, to get a laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I did tow a trailer with 2 sport bikes with my Integra Type-R from Az to Cali. Had no issues towing and getting up the mountains. My CRX towed my sport bike around all the time. Granted its not a lot but it can tow.
Yeah, they're actually not bad for towing small things in a pinch. And I bet me and Robert will probably end up using it to tow something again in the future.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
my family makes these for porsche, corvette, bmw, subaru, and mini's for track days..http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...77319062891469
Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
A ton of turds around seattle and Tacoma put carabineers on the back of their POS civics. I think its a cool thing like plasti dip to us Tacoma world nerds.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #26
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
A ton of turds around seattle and Tacoma put carabineers on the back of their POS civics. I think its a cool thing like plasti dip to us Tacoma world nerds.
thats all over the country.. means something.. maybe down to race?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #27
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. I could tow away half the folks at Alki Beach on any given night by one of those things.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #28
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
It's a simple Tow Hook.

In some cases that part is required for race cars and allows easier access to have a towing vehicle pull the race car out of the way in case the car has a mechanical problem. The bright colors allow easy finding of the tow hook.

Rice rockets have taken it to the next level and put it on for show, I doubt they have any load rating on them or have some kind of disclaimer so the company doesn't get sued.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
It's a simple Tow Hook.

In some cases that part is required for race cars and allows easier access to have a towing vehicle pull the race car out of the way in case the car has a mechanical problem. The bright colors allow easy finding of the tow hook.

Rice rockets have taken it to the next level and put it on for show, I doubt they have any load rating on them or have some kind of disclaimer so the company doesn't get sued.

Yea most of the ones ive seen are straight from a Nalgene bottle.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #30
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
If I sprayed one with plasti dip I would be organizing a group buy list.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #32
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A ton of turds around seattle and Tacoma put carabineers on the back of their POS civics. I think its a cool thing like chrome to us Tacoma world nerds.
Fixed it ....
Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #33
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
Fixed it ....
nah he had it right the first time.