Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Those dangley things on small imports....

Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Those dangley things on small imports....

...Usually Civics, just below the rear bumper, they almost look like carabiners. Some have what looks like a piece of stamped anodized aluminum. What are they? If it was some kinda drag car, and it was a tow point, shouldn't it be on the front?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
...Usually Civics, just below the rear bumper, they almost look like carabiners. Some have what looks like a piece of stamped anodized aluminum. What are they? If it was some kinda drag car, and it was a tow point, shouldn't it be on the front?
I pulled a civic out a ditch by one of those. Guess it a tie Dow for when they shipped them to America?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You mean like this? Just additional tow hooks as the ones on the civic are really flimsy.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bingo! That's it...towing, Civic, funny
Old 08-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
its a tow hook most of the time they are just for show
Old 08-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Does that come with a sticker for the window? "Idiot Driver on Board"
Old 08-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS2013TACO View Post
its a tow hook most of the time they are just for show
if mounted correctly they are actually pretty useful

sometimes the car is super slammed too and it's hard to get underneath to the pretty flimsy stock tow hook location.

i've had to pull a couple civics and 240's out of the ditch a few times using these

its really nice since they are usually brightly colored and easy to spot on the bumper.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #8

A bit of irony...we have hooks and shackles to pull people outta ditches...they have something similar to GET pulled. Sort of a yingyang thing going on
Old 08-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Really? Is this that hard of a concept to understand? It's a tow hook, that's it. A lot of times car shows will give some away as part of an offer, or they are added in for show too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTacoDriver View Post
Does that come with a sticker for the window? "Idiot Driver on Board"
So if you hang a D ring from your receiver do you out a sticker on your window that says idiot driver on board? If not send me your address and I would be glad to send one, because I think you need it.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #10

^ How often do you see Civics towing shit? It was just a question to kick around, fer chrissake
Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ How often do you see Civics towing shit? It was just a question to kick around, fer chrissake
It's not for the civic to tow stuff silly pants. It's so you can tow the civic.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #12
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
if mounted correctly they are actually pretty useful

sometimes the car is super slammed too and it's hard to get underneath to the pretty flimsy stock tow hook location.

i've had to pull a couple civics and 240's out of the ditch a few times using these

its really nice since they are usually brightly colored and easy to spot on the bumper.
yeah some people can use they mostly for show where I live people actually never use them we have no ditches haha but yeah a lot of my friends have lowered cars they are impossible to even put jacks under unfortunatly.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Actually, I see civics, as well as many other cars, towing stuff alot.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
We call them wheelie bars. Haha
This brings me back to my r/c car days lol.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
You mean like this? Just additional tow hooks as the ones on the civic are really flimsy.

Looks like a penis.
I do believe they are tow hooks of a sort.
And hey, little Hondas can tow! Me and my best friend towed a '93 Teg with his '91 CRX Si using a 15 foot section of rope. Admittedly, we only had to go a couple blocks, but the Rex pulled that Integra like it was nothing. The same friend says he also pulled a car dolly with the same CRX all the way to Ohio so that he could pick up his new truck. (Don't ask me how he managed to hitch THAT safely to the Rex, but he did. Of course when he got there, he towed the CRX home on it, because I'm pretty sure it couldn't tow a big ol Chevy dually.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
I bring the feel goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Looks like a penis.
Honestly I thought someone was trolling this thread with a sex toy picture when I saw it lol
Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
that part is actually required on a track car. they need a quick connect point for the tow truck to yank your ass off the track if case of a crash or mech problem.

track ones are usually mounted horizontal so the dont snag stuff..and they dont come in such gay colors. (not that is it a bad thing)..just poseur stuff on a car like a civic for the street.

trying to look "track".
Old 08-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Looks like a penis.
I do believe they are tow hooks of a sort.
And hey, little Hondas can tow! Me and my best friend towed a '93 Teg with his '91 CRX Si using a 15 foot section of rope. Admittedly, we only had to go a couple blocks, but the Rex pulled that Integra like it was nothing. The same friend says he also pulled a car dolly with the same CRX all the way to Ohio so that he could pick up his new truck. (Don't ask me how he managed to hitch THAT safely to the Rex, but he did. Of course when he got there, he towed the CRX home on it, because I'm pretty sure it couldn't tow a big ol Chevy dually.
I did tow a trailer with 2 sport bikes with my Integra Type-R from Az to Cali. Had no issues towing and getting up the mountains. My CRX towed my sport bike around all the time. Granted its not a lot but it can tow.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
that part is actually required on a track car. they need a quick connect point for the tow truck to yank your ass off the track if case of a crash or mech problem.

track ones are usually mounted horizontal so the dont snag stuff..and they dont come in such gay colors. (not that is it a bad thing)..just poseur stuff on a car like a civic for the street.

trying to look "track".
^dingo