Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Next generation Nissan Titan gets cummins engine !!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery

This with a turbo diesel
Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #22
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
It will look like the current one but with more stickers and badges plus a racing stripe for more speed
Old 08-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #24
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
I'm just preparing myself to now see Titans with stacks...smh

Already been done
Old 08-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post

This with a turbo diesel

I'd rather have the V8
Old 08-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
I'd rather have the V8
Its a v8 turbo diesel.

Quote:
While Nissan would not share any additional information on the new truck yet, it confirmed that the turbocharged diesel lump will be a 5.0-liter V8 unit supplied by U.S., Indiana-based manufacturer Cummins.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #27
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Already been done
Old 08-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #28
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Its a v8 turbo diesel.

damn it.. I would rather have the V8 thats currently in it. lol
the black one for me please.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
Sledhauler will become famous soon enoughSledhauler will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
Sledhauler's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like some changes, factory color combo, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Next generation Nissan Titan gets cummins engine !!-titan.jpg  
Old 08-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #30
Bad Spuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhauler View Post
Looks like some changes, factory color combo, lol.

should be in the WTF thread..
Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #31
Sledhauler will become famous soon enoughSledhauler will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
Sledhauler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
should be in the WTF thread..
agreed, sorry, but does look like it will take on the form of the ugly a$$ van
Old 08-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #32
mr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i am not holding my breath. i remember reading a very similar article that they were gonna do a diesel sedan as well for the USA. that didnt happen..not that i know of.
Dunno about Nissan, but Mazda did it. I believe it's available in the 2014 Mazda 6. I'm kind of excited to see how it does.

Video about some of the tweaks Mazda made to the traditional diesel:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/vide...Id=cK5SQkEUBdo
Old 08-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #33
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
If the Diesel powered Titan is $45,000 or more who cares? Personally a Tacoma 4x4 is at the top of my price range AND this what I have. $31K was enough to swallow, I could care less what I could buy for an additional $15k.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's a great idea for Nissan. That Titan has been nothing special for years and now its gonna be the only diesel truck worth owning. This just means a diesel Tundra is right around the corner
Old 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I would jump ship for a diesel Datsun but I'm afraid it might be a bit rich for my budget.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #36
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
Damm thats going to be a nice truck,Ill have to check it out .
Ive owened a few maximas back in the day and they were good cars.

But I feel like through the years nissans reliability has decreased significantly , I had allot of issues with my 02 3.5 maxima ( granted I did sort of beat on it )

Then My 06 g35 had some oil buring issues.

Ive owned a few toyotas over the years . A 94 pickup, 99 4runner, wife just sold her rav4 and all of them were good to me, the tacos reliability and size was just perfect for me .
Old 08-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #37
Calboyincal is a jewel in the roughCalboyincal is a jewel in the roughCalboyincal is a jewel in the roughCalboyincal is a jewel in the rough
Name: Garth
Calboyincal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
I don't understand why people like diesel so much. Ovb other than those guys who tow loads that demand the extra torque. For a mid-size truck i would not want nothing but an unleaded gas engine. They are so much smoother and have a better response. Although I may be negitively biased because my only experience with a diesel is with an 1985 Nazi-Sled Mercedes
Go drive a dodge 4x4 for 6 hours on the highway, then get back in a Tacoma... Try passing people and cruising up long steep hills in cruise control. Then check the mileage readout and compare it to the taco. You will see
Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #38
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
I rather steal the Nissan diesel and slap it in a taco or taco big brother. better yet get that damn taco twin brother engine to come to US.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #39
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
meh.. tacoma is perfect for me.. ill believe this when I see it in the lot. until then.. not so much..
This!

I'm betting that Dodge is already in talks with Cummins to cram a diesel into the Ram 1500.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #40
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
I think it's a great idea for Nissan. That Titan has been nothing special for years and now its gonna be the only diesel truck worth owning. This just means a diesel Tundra is right around the corner
Tundra Diesel Dually....I just wish it was more then a project truck