Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

S2000 or WRX?

Old 09-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
sti's aren't even worth it imho. a wrx is faster than an sti due to its 5 speed tranny. in the end id go with a wrx or an evo over a s2k.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezinstangl View Post
sti's aren't even worth it imho. a wrx is faster than an sti due to its 5 speed tranny.
The 5 spd is week compared to the 6 spd.
If he were to mod it than it's cheaper (from what i understand) to mod a STI than a WRX, as when you start getting bigger power form a WRX you gotta be real gentle on the tranny, or swap in a STI trans (~7K$).
Old 09-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #23
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Something about that car... handles really well, convertible , just a fun car to drive.
Yup, there's just something about those that warm me up. Wrap that thing up through the gears at 9k RPM, RWD, fullsize go cart, etc.

Only problem is space is limited in it.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #24
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Price wise... A used wrx = used s2000... And sti would be a bit more. I'm keeping the truck so awd is not necessary. I think the s2000 is just a awesome fun car. But the wrx is awesome with a few cosmetic mods.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #25
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Yup, there's just something about those that warm me up. Wrap that thing up through the gears at 9k RPM, RWD, fullsize go cart, etc.

Only problem is space is limited in it.
Exactly full size go kart!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #26
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
The wrx would be more practical though...
Old 09-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #27
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I used to own a srt4 and the turbo with the power was awesome
Old 09-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Basically I want both!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #29
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Easily the s2000 if it's a fun car. PM me if you have any S related questions

Old 09-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #31
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezinstangl View Post
sti's aren't even worth it imho. a wrx is faster than an sti due to its 5 speed tranny. in the end id go with a wrx or an evo over a s2k.
A stock wrx is not faster than a stock sti. Sti has a bigger motor, better drivetrain, bigger turbo. Id much rather get an sti over a modded wrx anyday.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #32
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTRD View Post
Like many others I've also owned an STI. I loved it. My friend has a S2k and its pretty awesome ride. It boils down to what you want out of the car. Finding an unmolested WRX can be a challenge, finding a baby boomers mid life crisis S2k can be easier. If you buy it off some 60 year old, you are pretty much guaranteed a factory fresh car.
... ^^^ ... My thoughts too ...

Either would be lots of fun ... S2K vs WRX ... slight edge to S2K ........... S2K vs STi ... slight edge to STi ... for my purposes only.

With that said .... the STi could become a "ticket magnet" IF you dove it like it likes to be driven ...
Old 09-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I really dislike the S2000, but I'm also 6"3 and 265lbs...

The Subaru is a sweet car than can make so e serious power.

Not in the same class, but I saw a white new Civic SI four door at Honda last night and it was very impressive.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #34
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I really dislike the S2000, but I'm also 6"3 and 265lbs...

The Subaru is a sweet car than can make so e serious power.

Not in the same class, but I saw a white new Civic SI four door at Honda last night and it was very impressive.
... ^^^ .... Dealers here are charging "Additional Dealer markup (above MSRP) of $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 on remaining 2013s Honda SI' that I saw on the lot last week. ...
Old 09-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #35
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
... ^^^ .... Dealers here are charging "Additional Dealer markup (above MSRP) of $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 on remaining 2013s Honda SI' that I saw on the lot last week. ...
Wow. This one stickered at $23k, no up-charge. Very good looking car.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #36
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost JuNkY View Post
A stock wrx is not faster than a stock sti. Sti has a bigger motor, better drivetrain, bigger turbo. Id much rather get an sti over a modded wrx anyday.
motor size is the same for wrx and sti. Depends on years. Some have the 2.0 and others the 2.5.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #37
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
lets set this strait......NO wrx is faster then a sti stock to stock in any way....the 5spd has better gearing for the 1/4mile times but is MUCH weaker then the 6spd...but burried in redline on a modded 5spd will only get you 156mph.....sti 6spd will redline run arourd 170mph.......my wrx has beat several bolt on s2k's when it was stock...after it was lightly modded and tuned the only s2k to pull me or even keep up was a boosted s2k....on the track stock to stock sti will kill a s2k...a wrx and s2k will have a close battle winner will depend on driver....on the street the subaru is much more user friendly and comfortable with alot more room not just for possesions but driver and passenger...im 5'7'' 200lbs and into weightlifting,im no bodybuilder but im not small either and my back doesnt fit nicely in a s2k seat at all......
bottom line if you want a cool friday night car thats a blast to drive around town then the s2k will make you happy if you want a usable fun car year round that you and your friends can go to the track or cross country in then go with either subaru....my personal favorite is a 2006 sti limited in charcoal....they came with a low spoiler,leather,sunroof and was still 100% sti performance
Old 09-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #39
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
The wrx would be more practical though...
Thought you're looking for fun / track car?

Don't buy a wrx and tell everyone " it handles so great " and not drive it like its supposed to be
Old 09-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #40
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
just get your self a used xrunner that way you can have 2 tacos 1 for street and 1 for dirt