Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

04 Chevy Colorado Vibration

Old 09-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
Question 04 Chevy Colorado Vibration

A friend of mine has an '04 Chevy Colorado 3.5L 5 cylinder 5 speed 4x4 with 185k miles.

He is getting a fairly mild vibration that you can feel through the gas pedal and floor boards. It doesn't sound very loud at all but it is noticeable to the ear.

It is intermittent and not constant. It happens while in gear but coasting down hill the most often. It happens at speeds above 50-55 mph while in gear, in neutral, clutch in or clutch out, and at any engine rpm while in 2wd tc mode.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe just putting some new diff, tc, and tranny fluids may help out.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
04 Chevy Colorado Vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtacomaTIGER View Post
A friend of mine has an '04 Chevy Colorado 3.5L 5 cylinder 5 speed 4x4 with 185k miles.

He is getting a fairly mild vibration that you can feel through the gas pedal and floor boards. It doesn't sound very loud at all but it is noticeable to the ear.

It is intermittent and not constant. It happens while in gear but coasting down hill the most often. It happens at speeds above 50-55 mph while in gear, in neutral, clutch in or clutch out, and at any engine rpm while in 2wd tc mode.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe just putting some new diff, tc, and tranny fluids may help out.
Sounds like its a driveline or carrier bearing issue. Especially if you can feel it in the pedal. Also deceleration is the dead give away
Old 09-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
the carrier bearing was one of my initial thoughts too but I don't know if he has one. It is an extended cab. I know double cabs have them but do extended cabs also have them?

my taco being a single cab and not having one i've never paid much attention to others issues with a carrier problem.