Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Would you trade for Tundra?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
J11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant future

J11Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Would you trade for Tundra?

I like my Tacoma... It's an OK truck. Reliability is questioned with all the small issues I've had. I've always wanted a Tacoma as long as I had my license, so when I was able to buy one, I did... two actually. I now have a little man and it's cramped. After the car seat is in, there's not much room for anything else. I was thinking of getting an extended cab Tundra TSS 2013 model... if they have them. For those who have gone this route, what are your opinions?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Too big for me, too big for trails, gas guzzler (not really an issue though), I would never put it to use and the taco does what I need it to. They are reliable & really roomy and if you want one, go for it.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
bigef12 has a spectacular aura aboutbigef12 has a spectacular aura aboutbigef12 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Eric
bigef12's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely.

If the money isn't an issue, go for it. I have two kids, but I can only put one carseat in the back of the Tacoma and still drive comfortably. I'm not going to sit under the steering wheel...

If I could, I'd go full size.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
yep, but double cab 5.7 rock warrior package.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
I always had trucks, but got a Camry back in 2007. Finally got back into the Tacoma and love having a bed again. We used to haul shit in the wife's beetle since it had so much head room. For me its the perfect size since I won't be using it for work or regular hauling. It still feels about the same size as my old 2001 Tundra. I just can't imagine driving around the massive full sized trucks that are out today.

Its bigger than my old '76 Datsun pickup too!!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still need a bed? If so then yes. If not, I'd look at 4Runners.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
you guys must be really tall or something lol im 5'8 have a huge ass convertable car seat in the back and mommy sits back there with him. i just put all his stuff in the front seat stroller in the bed and its all good plenty of room
Old 09-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I'd sooner get an S4 for carting the Kids around and leave the Taco to my DD.

If you're going to get 19 MPG might as well be ripping around in style. (Not to say the Tundra isn't pimp, but I already own a truck so...
Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I prefer the Tacoma because I like having the Regular Cab and don't care for all the amenities.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few members here who have gone this route, myself included, though I had no kids.
I had owned 1GEN Tundra in the past & had gone back in forth in ownership of both Toyota pickups.
I traded my 2006 Tacoma DC SB 4WD that I had owned for 4 yrs for a 2011 Tundra 4WD Double Cab.
The pros were the rebates offered made the purchase price so attractive,
it was roomier, some other amenities the Tacoma didn't have (heated mirrors, adjustable headlights, huge bed) & the V8.
I opted for the smaller V8 4.6L which was a mistake for the trans seemed to hunt a lot & the mpg vs. the 5.7L was marginal at best.
In the end, the truck was just too big, parking especially.
I could not get into smaller trail head parking lots, fire roads at times were a nightmare.
Not to mention my dog hated it & had severe anxiety in the truck.

There had to be something..some high pitch noise or maybe the large cabin that made him freak out to the point I couldn't take him with me anymore.
Soooooo......
The tundra got traded in back for a 2013 Tacoma DC OFF Road.
I don't miss it at all. Dog loves the truck lol.
They are very, very nice trucks but bus-like & too big for what I needed.
If the parking and trail stuff is not anything you do than go for it, but go 5.7L imo.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Too big for me, too big for trails, gas guzzler
Yup..
Old 09-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
J11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant future

J11Tac's Tacoma Gallery
I don't do trails
Old 09-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J11Tac View Post
I don't do trails
Well it sounds like moving up to the tundra is win/win.
No more driveline vibes, the truck moves out, plenty of room for the little ones...
Old 09-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #14
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
If the crewmax would fit in my garage, I would get one.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt mind having one, but never really pulled the trigger on the idea of picking one up.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
If you need a truck, don't do trails, mpg isn't an issue, get one. My dad has one and it rides great and has a ton of room. If I ever got one in the future, (which I'll probably just stick with my tacoma), I would get a crew max for the huge amount of room. Plus the rear window is a nice plus.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
FTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FTD's Tacoma Gallery
Way too large. It wouldn't fit in well over half the parking spaces here in SoCal, including every single spot in the building lot where I work, so that alone is a DQ.

Gas mileage is an issue as well, I'm not made of money. Tires that size are a bloody fortune here in the states as well. I also find it personally disconcerting to have a vehicle that I can't see over the top of - and I'm six foot two!

If I had to live in it that would be a different story (and yeah, employment here in the states has gotten so bad here that you need to at least be keeping thoughts like that in the back of your mind).
Old 09-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
You have a regular cab, trade up for a double cab Taco and you'll have all the room in the world. If I was going to go full size, I'd go F150. Never really liked the Tundra's look after the first generation was done.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #19

J11Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Welp I did it. Ended up getting the 2014 Tundra TSS Off Road. Thing is a beaut. Drives so much better than the Taco. Mileage is crap, but I knew that going into it. Got it in the silver and it came with the black rims.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #20
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy the tundra but honestly I think the Tacoma is good enough for what I need it for and heck my dad is always asking if he can drive it since he has a Chevy 3500