Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Airbag Removal 2013 Corolla S

Old 09-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
ibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ibuprofelin's Tacoma Gallery
Airbag Removal 2013 Corolla S

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get the airbag off of my 2013 corolla so I can swap out the steering wheel lights. I took off the two covers and it seems like there are no screws holding it in place. I was expecting to find some T30 screws in there (as in the 2011 models and basically every car), but I don't see them. Is there perhaps another way to get the airbag off?

Here are pictures of what I see after removing the steering wheel covers.

Airbag Removal 2013 Corolla S-photo-1.jpg

Airbag Removal 2013 Corolla S-photo-2.jpg
Old 09-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
devanb3 is on a distinguished road
Name: devan
devanb3's Tacoma Gallery
had the same thing in my old 2013 tc couldnt see it in the first pic but theres a small medal bar that you push inward and slightly pull and hold that side until you get the other out in the second pic its right here and first should be in this area

edit: heres a write-up on how to it should be the same
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207350
Attached Thumbnails
Airbag Removal 2013 Corolla S-photo-2.jpg   Airbag Removal 2013 Corolla S-photo-1.jpg  
Old 09-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
ibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ibuprofelin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by devanb3 View Post
had the same thing in my old 2013 tc couldnt see it in the first pic but theres a small medal bar that you push inward and slightly pull and hold that side until you get the other out in the second pic its right here and first should be in this area

edit: heres a write-up on how to it should be the same
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207350
Life saver, thank you!