Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Women shouldn't be allowed to drive

Old 10-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #21
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
It doesn't matter the gender of the driver! The individual behind the wheel is responsible for how they drive. I have seen terrible drivers from all walks of life and it usually is high school students who are the worse
The discussion is about maintenance, not terrible drivers.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #22
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
the motor is fine.

lessoned learned i hope. my wife lets me take care of all-things-car. i wouldnt yell at her for missing something. better to explain everything all calm like. come off looking cool and collected. you never know, she may have hot friends
Old 10-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrx2003 View Post
The positive thing is she doesn't drive a Taco but a crappy Saturn. I've tried in the past to tell her to let me know when it's time for an oil change. I didn't even think about the oil thing at first but then I realized I've not change the oil in that car in a while. The clicking noise is pretty much gone now. I'm just hoping no severe damage to the engine as the car ('97) only has 50k miles on it. I actually bought her this car for college 5 years ago. And I wouldn't trust her on fixing anything.
Saturn? No problem. Had a friend in high school run hers almost dry for months before she said anything. After dumping 2 quarts in to try to get it on the dip stick it still wasn't there. Thing ran like a champ after her dad took it to get an oil chance
Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #24
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
O_______o Dayum. Guys do it too, though. I pointed out to my old boss one day that his truck sounded funny. Hearing that tick tick tick BS. He pulls over, and I jump out and I open the hood. Despite the fact that the truck had been running, there was nothing on the dipstick. Went and picked up some oil, had to throw in a little over 4 quarts!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
OP, there's a simple solution to your dilema. Had you offered to cart her around everywhere she needed to go, she would have no need to drive herself anywhere. This would have saved you from having to perform maintenance on her car. From here on in, I recommend you drive her everywhere to save yourself any future hassles.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #26
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very happy with my wife and her ability to handle her car. While not mechanically inclined at all, she knows to monitor the service intervals, ask questions, and maintain awareness about the vehicles performance.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to teach her to do an oil change. For someone like your sister I think it's important to teach her how to check basics like the levels on motor oil, transmission, radiator fluid, when it's time to add or change, even windshield washer fluid how it's important to NOT fill with water if you are in an area that gets really cold in the winter. Glad my father at least taught me those things. Tell her to not be afraid to ask questions or for help.

Also please explain things clearly. I knew someone(friend of a friend) that decided to just keep on topping off the oil and didn't change the oil for at least a year and they drove a lot. They somehow got the idea it was okay to just top off the oil. It started having issues and a mechanic looked at it, oil was completely black and the engine was done. People don't know what the big deal is until it's explained to them. I am constantly trying to learn more but don't have mechanically inclined friends so I spend a lot of time on here.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #28
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
OP, there's a simple solution to your dilema. Had you offered to cart her around everywhere she needed to go, she would have no need to drive herself anywhere. This would have saved you from having to perform maintenance on her car. From here on in, I recommend you drive her everywhere to save yourself any future hassles.
agreed!! shoe shopping all day is such a smashing good time!!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #29
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
agreed!! shoe shopping all day is such a smashing good time!!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I had a friend who ran his old Plymouth Horizon up to 20k without changing the oil..and he wondered why it ran like a bucket of smashed assholes.

When I am king, the license exam will include knowing how to fill the tank, check and add fluids, and change a tire.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #31
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
I had a friend who ran his old Plymouth Horizon up to 20k without changing the oil..and he wondered why it ran like a bucket of smashed assholes.

When I am king, the license exam will include knowing how to fill the tank, check and add fluids, and change a tire.
AND MERGE!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
AND MERGE!!!
That too, plus use a fkn signal.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #33

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
That too, plus use a fkn signal.
Must be female drivers
Old 10-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #34
FTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FTD's Tacoma Gallery
I live on a street with seven families. We're all pretty much the same age - late forties.

I have one neighbor who knows how to check his oil.

Not a one of them have any tools whatsoever save for a pair of pliers and a tiny hammer for putting up picture hangers. And no, they don't get to borrow mine.

Or my wife's. She has her own. And can use them.

This is not a gender issue. This is our society. Rich or poor, almost every damn one helpless beyond belief.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #35
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
As a professional driver more women suck at driving than men.

That's why you have to watch out for the 3 "O"s when on the road.

Old.

Oriental.

And Ovaries.

We all know it's true. Don't deny it.

HOWEVER! It's not the die hard rule. There are exceptions.

But they are rare.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #36
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
As a professional driver more women suck at driving than men.

That's why you have to watch out for the 3 "O"s when on the road.

Old.

Oriental.

And Ovaries.

We all know it's true. Don't deny it.

HOWEVER! It's not the die hard rule. There are exceptions.

But they are rare.
Yo yo yo holdonwait.

I'm all three of those "O"s....

And I not only got top honors in pursuit driving but also did slalom racing for SCCA.

AND!! Yes, there are exceptions to the rule. And Krazie, you know I luvz ya, but you have now forced me to do this:

HERE IS THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...3318-halp.html
Old 10-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #37

Old 10-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #38
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Methinks you failed her as a brother to teach her the basics that are learned when "hanging out with the guys".

Ever since I was little my brother always had me there to show me how to be a tomboy and learn basic things like how to hit a baseball right, how to fight good and hit to disable, general car maintenance, how to fix things around the house including some plumbing, how to build things out of wood, how to use power tools, how to ride a motorcycle, how to handle a knife and how to shoot a gun.

He didn't want me to feel helpless nor have to depend upon others for little things. Things that annoy brothers.

LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Yup^

You're the derp, not her
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
So why did you buy her a crappy Saturn? And why didn't you change the oil earlier if don't you teach her how to do it herself?

And why don't you trust her? How is she going to learn? If you want her not to "bother" you, teach her to be independent. Don't chastise her for not knowing. I'm sure there was a time when YOU didn't know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachou View Post
Agreed.

This title is also incredibly sexist, prejudiced, and generalized.

If you, your father, and apparently your mother all knew this general tidbit of automotive knowledge, I'd say it's all your fault for not teaching her that when she first started driving, or when she got her own car.

It's a societal stigma that women should be helpless and have men do everything for them. I'm going to try and not judge your family, because maybe your sister truly is one of those women who choose to be helpless. In which case, she should at least bring her car in to a mechanic on a regular basis.

That being said, my sister is the same way, but at least she has a boyfriend now to take care of such things.

This is the problem with people today. OP an asshole for buying his sister a saturn. Fuck personal responsibility. Its not like there isn't oil change commercials on and its some big fucking secret.

People are lazy and they don't take care of their shit. Its all OP's fault.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #39
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Saturns are not crappy cars. Why do you say that? He said he bought her a crappy Saturn. Then he explained that it was crappy after the oil blunder.

He also got mad at her for not calling him to change the oil. I said that he failed to teach her how. If she knew how, then maybe she won't have to bug him when the car makes noise due to lack of oil.

I don't think he's a asshole, why do you think that? That's an unfair assessment. Not his fault she didn't pay attention to the oil. But then again, she needs to understand why it's important - and THAT he can teach her.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #40
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FtLrism2M