Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Women shouldn't be allowed to drive

Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #41
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Saturns are not crappy cars. Why do you say that? He said he bought her a crappy Saturn. Then he explained that it was crappy after the oil blunder.

He also got mad at her for not calling him to change the oil. I said that he failed to teach her how. If she knew how, then maybe she won't have to bug him when the car makes noise due to lack of oil.

I don't think he's a asshole, why do you think that? That's an unfair assessment. Not his fault she didn't pay attention to the oil. But then again, she needs to understand why it's important - and THAT he can teach her.
You can't teach someone that doesn't want to learn.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #42
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
Going to need to see pics of sister, to determine how serious this is...
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #43
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
You can't teach someone that doesn't want to learn.
Well..yes. True.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #44
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
1st off OP is right, women belong in the kitchen steering a mixer into a cake batter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
It doesn't matter the gender of the driver! The individual behind the wheel is responsible for how they drive. I have seen terrible drivers from all walks of life and it usually is high school students who are the worse
Pfft, I took auto mechanics in H.S. my 88 cavalier ran like a champ.

Sometimes teachers would drop their cars off for an oil change. More than once we had to drop the pan because the sludge wouldn't drain out. It's a shame people don't take care of things.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #45
uncrx2003 is on a distinguished road
Name: Minh
uncrx2003's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
This is the problem with people today. OP an asshole for buying his sister a saturn. Fuck personal responsibility. Its not like there isn't oil change commercials on and its some big fucking secret.

People are lazy and they don't take care of their shit. Its all OP's fault.
WTF are you talking about? You just sound like an idiot.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #46
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
1st off OP is right, women belong in the kitchen steering a mixer into a cake batter. .
No cake for you. Ever.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrx2003 View Post
Khng bao giờ nhớ anh. Bạn l một người anh tốt. Bạn đ chăm sc c.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #48
ErocksTaco has a spectacular aura aboutErocksTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
ErocksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my brother bought me a fuckin saturn when I was in college. You're a good bro, OP
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #49
BallzDeep is how I go
916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future916TacoTruck has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
916TacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I want to know why the fault falls on the OP for the sister not being able to change her own oil. She is grown enough to know that she can learn by watching and doing with guidance. The OP purchased the car for her? That's more than what a lot of bro/sis would do for each other. People need to understand personal responsibility. Stop putting the blame on others. OP vent was justified.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #50
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No cake for you. Ever.
Twas just a joke.

OP, tell her to read the manual, then every time you talk to her, throw out a random question to quiz her on it.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #51
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
unfortunately, regardless of gender...some people are not taught certain preventative maintenance things
True Dat! Not sure I'd be as conscientious with preventative maintenance if my first job in the Air Force wasn't a Maintenance Career Field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
OP, there's a simple solution to your dilema. Had you offered to cart her around everywhere she needed to go, she would have no need to drive herself anywhere. This would have saved you from having to perform maintenance on her car. From here on in, I recommend you drive her everywhere to save yourself any future hassles.
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD View Post
This is not a gender issue. This is our society. Rich or poor, almost every damn one helpless beyond belief.
Sad but true ... and steadily getting worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916TacoTruck View Post
I want to know why the fault falls on the OP for the sister not being able to change her own oil. She is grown enough to know that she can learn by watching and doing with guidance. The OP purchased the car for her? That's more than what a lot of bro/sis would do for each other. People need to understand personal responsibility. Stop putting the blame on others. OP vent was justified.
Agreed.

I suggest using those "next oil change due" stickers on her window. When both our boys were still in the house and I was trying to keep track of 5 vehicles at one point, I used them on every vehicle except my own daily driver. It would still be HER PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to either let you know when the oil change was due, or take it somewhere to have it changed.

I'm not gonna say she has to change it herself, my wife leaves all the vehicle maintenance stuff to me now, but in the past she would change it when I was deployed somewhere, she does know how. Maybe ask your sister if she wants to learn how to do it for herself?

Gosh, I've missed this place...didn't realize how much...What a great bunch of folks.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #52
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yo yo yo holdonwait.

I'm all three of those "O"s....

And I not only got top honors in pursuit driving but also did slalom racing for SCCA.

AND!! Yes, there are exceptions to the rule. And Krazie, you know I luvz ya, but you have now forced me to do this:

HERE IS THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...3318-halp.html
Old 10-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #53
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Not everybody takes care of their vehicles and cares for them...idk what they do cause thats all I do...that and troll this forsaken place..
Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #54
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Khng bao giờ nhớ anh. Bạn l một người anh tốt. Bạn đ chăm sc c.
Ging gang gong de do gong de laga raga!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #55
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrx2003 View Post
Sarcasm
Old 10-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #56
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Saturns are not crappy cars. Why do you say that? He said he bought her a crappy Saturn. Then he explained that it was crappy after the oil blunder.

He also got mad at her for not calling him to change the oil. I said that he failed to teach her how. If she knew how, then maybe she won't have to bug him when the car makes noise due to lack of oil.

I don't think he's a asshole, why do you think that? That's an unfair assessment. Not his fault she didn't pay attention to the oil. But then again, she needs to understand why it's important - and THAT he can teach her.

Nito ok. Napag-alaman kong hindi mo maunawaan kung ano ako ay sinasabi sa kaibahan sa kung ano ang quote ko
Old 10-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #57
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Sarcasm
Idiots are easily confused.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #58
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Well,
I don't know about you guys but F1 test driver Susie Wolff can drive my vehicle anytime

Old 11-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #59
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
My sister has been late on so many oil changes and backed into so many things mangling her bumpers so many times i have given up
She actually got better about it recently for some unknown reason