Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

i hate jeeps

Old 03-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i hate jeeps

there so complicated
thats why im sticking with toyota
a simple head gasket job (yea right)
had to tear half of the motor appart to get the head off

Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Try working on a Ford
Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Try working on a Ford

even better a Van... gotta take the dash apart to change sparkplugs
Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
As far as Im concerned, they are disposable.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
wow pita?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
wow pita?
also to get to the battery i believe the tire has to come off
Old 03-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #7

Quote:
also to get to the battery i believe the tire has to come off
gah!!!!!
i think id get rid of it real quick
Old 03-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
hahaha are you serious, jeep 4.0l head gaskets are cake! they come apart with the intake manifold and everything on it still attached, takes about 2-3 hours to complete
Old 03-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4x4858 View Post
hahaha are you serious, jeep 4.0l head gaskets are cake! they come apart with the intake manifold and everything on it still attached, takes about 2-3 hours to complete
well this is the furthest ive taken appart a motor
and i a yota guy not a heep (i mean jeep) guy
and i dont have a manual
Old 03-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
i did headgaskets on a 1998 sebring v6. Transverse engine with cab-forward design.

(stock image)

Talk about a BITCH!

headgaskets arent any fun anyway.. but sure beats having someone do the work for you ($$$$). AND MASSIVE CONGRATS for even knowing what you're doing... im giving you rep. No one knows how to do this stuff anymore.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
i did headgaskets on a 1998 sebring v6. Transverse engine with cab-forward design.

(stock image)

Talk about a BITCH!

headgaskets arent any fun anyway.. but sure beats having someone do the work for you ($$$$). AND MASSIVE CONGRATS for even knowing what you're doing... im giving you rep. No one knows how to do this stuff anymore.
umm...thanks
but i dont really kno what im doin im learnin as i go
but i do kno how to figure out how to put stuff back together (with minumal "extra" pieces)
but if i screw up well atleast its not my ride
Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well this is the furthest ive taken appart a motor
and i a yota guy not a heep (i mean jeep) guy
and i dont have a manual
Good job man! its a prehistoric motor, way less complicated than it seems. Always good to see people tearing into there rigs
Old 03-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Good job man! its a prehistoric motor, way less complicated than it seems. Always good to see people tearing into there rigs
thanks
i love to tear in to a car even if i dont kno what i am doing
Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
Taco Traitor!

Its all just a bunch of nuts and bolts, just make sure the heads not craked, those 4.0l are good for cracking the heads
Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Its all just a bunch of nuts and bolts, just make sure the heads not craked, those 4.0l are good for cracking the heads
thanks ill check that out tomarro
Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
Wrath of the runbird
Bakemono is on a distinguished road

Bakemono's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bakemono
Yup, Jeeps suck. There is really nothing good about them. A few years back my parents bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee (my father works for a Ford/Chrysler dealer, so they bought it for cheap) and you couldnt pay me to drive one of those things.
On snow/ice, it was aboslutely worthless and it was cheap and very poorly put together. You dont even want to know how much the resale value sucks on those things.
Honestly, I dont see whats so great about Jeeps. IMO, they are all marketing hype.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
Yup, Jeeps suck. There is really nothing good about them. A few years back my parents bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee (my father works for a Ford/Chrysler dealer, so they bought it for cheap) and you couldnt pay me to drive one of those things.
On snow/ice, it was aboslutely worthless and it was cheap and very poorly put together. You dont even want to know how much the resale value sucks on those things.
Honestly, I dont see whats so great about Jeeps. IMO, they are all marketing hype.
My husband and I owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Quadradrive system and it was AWESOME in snow/ice. Other than a Subaru, it's been the best 4WD system we've owned.

Resale value does suck..... we bought ours used to it was to our advantage.
My mother-in-law owns it now.

I have a YJ also - Awesome trail rig!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and i dont have a manual
THere's your problem..... get a manual!!

Don't be guessing on how to work on stuff or else you'll have boatloads of problems later on. Believe me, it'll bite you in the ass later.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 AM   #19
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
that 4.0 is pretty sweet. i have 166600 on mine right now, and it has a mild exhaust leak. but otherwise its been fantastic.

and resale on a wrangler is wonderfully inflated, but yeah grands /cherrokees drop like a rock (well, they're chrysler)

but the JEEP 4x4 is one of only a few systems i've experienced that easily beats a toyota, the another one being a 4x4 superduty.

but out of curiosity, just how much easier would it be to do a head job on a toyota 4.0?

seems the block first patented in 1936 ( AMC 232=jeep 4.0) would be easier.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
THere's your problem..... get a manual!!

Don't be guessing on how to work on stuff or else you'll have boatloads of problems later on. Believe me, it'll bite you in the ass later.
manual?????????? who needs a manual????????????/
im a dude il figure it out hahahha
real men dont need instructions hahahh
jk i wish i had 1 tho
but i gots no money for a manual
any 1 kno of a free online manual????