Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Trading in taco for Infiniti...

Old 10-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Trading in taco for Infiniti...

Looking at trading in my 2011 Taco trd o/r for an Infiniti M35 sport. The dealership will pay of the remainder of my loan and cut me a check for approx $4,000. I will be able to use the cash to by an older chevy 4x4 that I can beat to hell in the woods and get to and from in the winter. What do you guys think of the car?

http://www.larryhmillerlexusspokane....-WA/2100680593
Old 10-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #2
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
They are sweet cars. I don't know much about them as far as longevity, resale and general maintenance. I do know I would give my left n...t For the new Q50S hybrid! That thing is sick!

I still wouldn't trade my Tacoma for one... Just sayin
Old 10-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
My dad always told me to never get rid of my truck! He's a really smart guy ya know.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
According to JDPower, 3-year reliability has been good out of the gate in 2006. A coworker owns one and has been happy with it. Most common issue seems to be a bad steering rack that causes wondering on the highway: http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2006/...g/problem.aspx Be sure to test drive this particular car over bumpy pavement at highway speeds.

The car is 7 years old. If you want to keep costs under control, join a good Infiniti forum and learn to fix problems yourself. Infiniti dealer service is typically very good, but they charge accordingly.

In the end, the $4000 Chevy will probably give you more headaches.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome, love those Infinitis.. Like previous stated though.. wouldn't trade in my Tacoma lol
Old 10-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #6

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
All good advice. I love my taco and no doubt the resale on it is much better. The issue is I have two kids and the access cab is just too small. I hope to be able to do most maintenance myself but I'm only somewhat mechanically inclined. General maintenance at least. LOL. The Chevy I'm not to terribly worried about. Something like this...http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4129994874.html
Something I can get around with during the winter and don't care when I beat up in the woods.
Any way I am meeting with the salesman tomorrow night for a final rundown on the car and then the gloves come off and we talk numbers. We will see what happens...
Old 10-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
I been there before. I had a 2011 taco dc and a 2 year old. In 2012 we found out we were havin twins. I had to sell the taco and get something that could better fit 3 car seats. So I sold the taco and got a subaru forester and a 91 nissan truck. To say the least it was a huge mistake. Having a car was a pita because I always needed the truck when it was parked at home. Also insuring older cars now days is not as cheap as it used to be as they are not equipped with safety features.
Subaru only got 23mpg
Tacoma gets 21

Now I am back in a 13 Tacoma.

Save yourself the time and money, go get a truck that can fit your family. If your heart is near and dear to tacoma every time you see a Tacoma you will be so mad at yourself that you are not in a Tacoma. Think hard about this one
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #8

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFast View Post
I been there before. I had a 2011 taco dc and a 2 year old. In 2012 we found out we were havin twins. I had to sell the taco and get something that could better fit 3 car seats. So I sold the taco and got a subaru forester and a 91 nissan truck. To say the least it was a huge mistake. Having a car was a pita because I always needed the truck when it was parked at home. Also insuring older cars now days is not as cheap as it used to be as they are not equipped with safety features.
Subaru only got 23mpg
Tacoma gets 21

Now I am back in a 13 Tacoma.

Save yourself the time and money, go get a truck that can fit your family. If your heart is near and dear to tacoma every time you see a Tacoma you will be so mad at yourself that you are not in a Tacoma. Think hard about this one
So far this is the most valid point that has been running through my head. I am concerned about not having a truck all the time but the only time I need a truck I can typically plan accordingly. I'm sure there will be times where I will need the truck and not have. That will just take some time getting used to. I'm not too concerned about insurance. Especially because I will no longer have a vehicle payment so that will free up some cash. As far as my heart being near and deer to a Tacoma it really is not. I feel for the price I paid for the truck the interior is cheap and there are a lot of rattles. The price does not justify the quality of truck you get. Will it last a long time probably but I don't plan on keeping my vehicles 300,000 miles. Its a truck that can do some pretty incredible things off road but when I do those things I am reminded that it pays to play and I'm tired of chalking up money when I do some serious offroading. With the Chevy if I den't, scratch, and beat up I will not care. All in all these are valid points of concern and have and will continue to weigh them in my decision.

Again it is much appreciated everyone!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
The dealership will pay of the remainder of my loan and cut me a check for approx $4,000.
seriously? they pay off the loan and you see none of it hidden in the new purchase?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #10

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
seriously? they pay off the loan and you see none of it hidden in the new purchase?
Yes, Seriously.

Any way I detail the s**t out of my truck. Empty all my stuff and head down to the dealer for our scheduled meeting and hoping to make a deal. As soon as I walk in the salesman I have been dealing with tells me he walked by where the car was parked earlier in the day and didn't see it there and thinks it might be sold. I was like yea right you're just kidding me right. Thinking he's just messing with me. Nope! We walk over to where the car was. Its gone. I'm hoping maybe the dealership moved it. Nope! They say it sold yesterday. So the salesman knew earlier that the car was gone and he said he forgot to call and tell me and just thought of it when I showed up. I live a bit out of town so needless to say I was pissed. More so about not even being able to make a deal on the car but still the fact he wasted my time. He tried to peek my interest with some ugly ass Lexus. A backup car he says. I walked away as he tried to apologize.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
What was the Lexus? If it's a GS430 of similar vintage, it's a potentially better car than tha M35, with a V8 that makes 300 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
The Chevy I'm not to terribly worried about. Something like this...http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4129994874.html
Something I can get around with during the winter and don't care when I beat up in the woods.
WTF with the Chevy?
Quote:
Seven inch lift on 35's. Four block, three suspension.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #12

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
What was the Lexus? If it's a GS430 of similar vintage, it's a potentially better car than tha M35, with a V8 that makes 300 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque.

WTF with the Chevy?
Nah, it was a newer ES with more mileage and a higher price.

Yeah that was just a quick kind of idea. Wanted something with a bit of a lift and more semi reliable. Starts, stops, gets around. Was not a fan of the block lift or the truck really. Just kind of an idea. Anyway the car is gone and I'm online venting on tacomaworld and looking at new Infiniti G37X's. LOL. Such is life.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #13
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If you need a 4-door sedan for the kids and not demanding on the luxury features, look into a Subaru Legacy GT or 3.6R (depending on year). You get AWD and sporty handling at a lower price than the luxury Infiniti or Lexus brands.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #14

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
If you need a 4-door sedan for the kids and not demanding on the luxury features, look into a Subaru Legacy GT or 3.6R (depending on year). You get AWD and sporty handling at a lower price than the luxury Infiniti or Lexus brands.
You get a lot of bang for your buck with those cars. They have certainly peaked my interest. Not to sure of the reliability though.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #15
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just a double cab Tacoma?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #16

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Why not just a double cab Tacoma?
Thought about it. Don't like the idea of getting a truck with that small of a bed. I could get the extended bed but then your getting into full size truck territory and I have a hard time spending the money they want for DCLB that doesn't even have electric seats or leather. That being said I do believe you have a very valid point.

In all honesty I have been seriously considering trading in for a new Infiniti Q50 sport awd. We will see though...
Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #17
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
You really don't want power seats and and seat heaters can be bought and installed by katzkin. Plus try a tundra if you want room and all the luxuries that the Infiniti has but you still retain a truck.