Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2013 RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel anyone?

Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
2013 RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel anyone?

Just priced one out on RAM's website. Looks like I could get a 4x4 regular cab for $32k OTD assuming no incentives.

Looks like a good deal, frankly. The age of the Tacoma may be drawing to a close. 420 lbs/ft of torque and 27 mpg highway is nothing to sneeze at.

Thoughts?

Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Tyler1962 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tyler1962's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
I mean if it holds up that would be great! but I don't know about long term reliability.. Just throwing that out there
Old 10-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i have nothing against that, as long is the front end doesn't fall apart the truck should be decent.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
wildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wildcats's Tacoma Gallery
It seems like a decent deal, I'm not really into regular cab trucks but that's just my opinion. My only real concern would be just how new the engine and transmission is. I also know that diesels can demand very expensive repairs and aren't always fun in really cold weather.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
if i'm still on the reg cab train when my tacoma needs replacing and these are doing well i would certainly consider one. ideally toyota will do something new and up to date in a short wheelbase.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i like it!!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
on a side note..it is very interesting to me how a lynch mob forms when someone sells a tacoma and buys another manufacturers truck.

funny almost. i'm a car guy. i like cars and trucks.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
spaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to behold

Army: 3/8 CAV 1CD
Name: Sam
spaulding88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats View Post
It seems like a decent deal, I'm not really into regular cab trucks but that's just my opinion. My only real concern would be just how new the engine and transmission is. I also know that diesels can demand very expensive repairs and aren't always fun in really cold weather.
Having a diesel during the cold season "SUCKS", plus it's not cheap at the pump either. I don't care if you get 20mpg, it still costs an arm and leg to fuel up.

I can't wait to get out of my diesel and back into a tacoma again.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Try it out and stop sipping the toyota kool aid . My 2008 camry with 111k miles on it is falling apart on us as we speak.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
Damn. My wife likes the idea of a full sized diesel rig. Who kidnapped my wife and replaced her with a look-alike?
Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
A diesel option is nice, I say the more competition and options the better. I have heard the Ram 1500s are better than they used to be but still a bit hit and miss. I am rooting for the Tacoma because I trust and have a long history with Toyota and I need a smaller truck for my outdoor adventures. Hopefully when I go to buy again -not anytime soon- the Toyota equivalent will be the best option for me.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #14
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Try it out and stop sipping the toyota kool aid . My 2008 camry with 111k miles on it is falling apart on us as we speak.
how? we have an 07 and its doing fantastic
Old 10-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulding88 View Post
Having a diesel during the cold season "SUCKS", plus it's not cheap at the pump either. I don't care if you get 20mpg, it still costs an arm and leg to fuel up.

I can't wait to get out of my diesel and back into a tacoma again.
Not really... and in the end, unless you're a poor piece of crap - in which case you should have neither vehicle, cost of fuel isn't that much between trucks.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
For the Dodges with the Cumins I always heard it put as a 500,000 mile motor in a 100,000 mile chassis. I have also seen a lot of evidence to back that statement up. I'm not sure who is making this new Diesel motor but I am a Fan of Diesels and if anything I think the Dodge is a good looking Truck. I do have to say though that's a pretty hefty price tag for a single cab truck.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #18
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
These latest dodges... they've really refined the interior, pretty nice trucks. The front axles usually fall apart but hey. I'd definitely consider one if I were in the market.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
27 mpg highway is nothing to sneeze at.
If you care about mpg, then you care how much you're spending on fuel. Your fuel bill on a 27mpg diesel would cost the same as the fuel bill on a 22mpg gasser....