Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What's your project car/truck?

Old 10-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #21
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I had this.. but recently got rid of it..
78 fiat spyder.. but got rid of it so my wife could use the garage.. plus.. I never did any work to it..

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr

I built this.. from an empty shell... to a really nice camper. sold it to a friend when I grew up.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #22
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
'84 K5 Blazer, what little bit is left of the '94 YJ I bought bone stock \/, and Bugeye WRX I'm building for SCCA.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1953 "wife" project. Low miles and a killer rack. Last upgrade was a lift kit.....5 inch pumps. What a sweet ride!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommiet View Post
I have a 1953 "wife" project. Low miles and a killer rack. Last upgrade was a lift kit.....5 inch pumps. What a sweet ride!
Lol
Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
matt1381 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt1381's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 91 MR2 that I am restoring and eventually swapping a gen 4 3SGTE turbo in. 300 horsepower in a 2800 pound mid engine car should be real fun!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #27
Banned
Beautiful mustang!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #28
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
My Grandfather has a red '67 Chevy 10 Pickup that I've always been jealous of. Its been in the family since it was brand new. Its a manual, 3-Speed on the column. Don't have any pics of it at the moment. Needs a new paint job, other than that I believe it's still in good running shape.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #29
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
My '71. Engine and outside are pretty clean. Inside needs a complete overhaul.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #30
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery

1940 Chrysler Windsor. Now has a '68 383 BB with a '72 727TF and a '72 8.75 rear end with 2.73 gears.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #31
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
2001 Audi S4 (just got my K04s in the mail) 82 Honda GL500 cafe project, and various mopeds....
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
I've just had an apostrophe.
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
I have a project house instead of a project car/truck, haha.
I could probably have a project car/truck if I sold the bikes, but I really enjoy riding during the summer.
I had a '73 Mercedes that I did a partial restore on, back after I graduated high school, but sold it when we got serious about buying our first house.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #33
Banned

Old 11-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #34
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post

1940 Chrysler Windsor. Now has a '68 383 BB with a '72 727TF and a '72 8.75 rear end with 2.73 gears.

looks awesome!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #35
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
'77 Celica GT Liftback, 5-speed with the 20R. Original motor was seized, replaced with a rebuilt long block. Removed emissions and A/C (not likely I would get the A/C working anyway) and running the Cannon intake with a Weber 32/36. Almost everything mechanical is new, other than transmission, rear axle and steering box. Runs like a champ, but still needs body and interior work.

The picture below is from several years ago back in TX with the stock intake and carb setup that was later replaced, but it basically looks the same on the outside. Like I said, SLOW and cheap restoration.

IMG_1632 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #36
Common Sense Ninja
thatSchusterguy is on a distinguished road
thatSchusterguy's Tacoma Gallery
87 MR2 with a 20valve swap and full suspension shenanigans. Basically a gokart for the street and with individual throttle bodies tearing it up a foot and a half from your skull she makes for very fun times on twisty roads.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #37
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
'77 Celica GT Liftback, 5-speed with the 20R. Original motor was seized, replaced with a rebuilt long block. Removed emissions and A/C (not likely I would get the A/C working anyway) and running the Cannon intake with a Weber 32/36. Almost everything mechanical is new, other than transmission, rear axle and steering box. Runs like a champ, but still needs body and interior work.

The picture below is from several years ago back in TX with the stock intake and carb setup that was later replaced, but it basically looks the same on the outside. Like I said, SLOW and cheap restoration.

IMG_1632 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr
Thats Awesome! I love the looks of the original Celicas. I'm also a Fan of the Early 80's Corola's. I used to have an 81 2 door SR5. That was probably my most Favorite Car. Sadly it was Totaled while it was parked on the side of the road in front of my house. Stupid Neighborhood Kid Plowed into it while he was speeding through the neighborhood. I would love to get my hands on another Early model corolla or celica. I did see on another forum where a guy transplanted a honda s2000 motor into a 1st Gen Celica. He even tucked all the Wires so the engine bay looked super clean.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #38
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
My '71. Engine and outside are pretty clean. Inside needs a complete overhaul.

Awesome! 71 is the best year of the bay windows. Ive had 2 71's. the yellow one above that started as a transporter, and a white camper. Also had a 73. That one nnever ran right with the dual carbs.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #39
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyneight View Post
Thanks Ahshiet!
Just had it painted satin white in the spring, had been flat black for 10 years, then the whole Rat Rod thing got way to overboard, were you could paint a honda civic flat black with spray paint and be cool. Of course soon as i painted my bug satin white then my neighbor painted his RX8 (thats geting a turbo LS3 shoe horned in) satine white two months later
My uncle has a sick 62 rag top bug it is a dark root beer metallic color he painted himself and sitting on a set staggered fully polished Porsche alloys with the matching skinny spare under the front not sure what motor is in it now but it's in the 20's I believe with dual down drafts this thing could win at shows and had so much power I'll never forget riding in it and that's when I was in diapers still and last rode in it and till this day has sat in the garage covered since the 90s and hasn't moved since my dad also was into VW so I have a soft spot for older VW's when I'm older that was my plan to get a 60's bug. I'll try stop by and see if I can snag a pic of it in a bit
Old 11-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #40
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Thats Awesome! I love the looks of the original Celicas. I'm also a Fan of the Early 80's Corola's. I used to have an 81 2 door SR5. That was probably my most Favorite Car. Sadly it was Totaled while it was parked on the side of the road in front of my house. Stupid Neighborhood Kid Plowed into it while he was speeding through the neighborhood. I would love to get my hands on another Early model corolla or celica. I did see on another forum where a guy transplanted a honda s2000 motor into a 1st Gen Celica. He even tucked all the Wires so the engine bay looked super clean.
Thanks, this is the car I wanted in high school, but I ended up with a banged-up '71 Corona Deluxe. I was considering a project car several years ago, looking for an early-80's Supra or MR2. I ran across this nasty shell for $400 and couldn't resist, although I would still love to do an original MR2 (that 20V swap would be badass!). I think these Celicas look silly with the stock skinny tires, but I love how they look with wider tires.

I cut in the engine bay with the original Pure Yellow color, but my wife said hell no to the whole car being yellow. So I will be doing it in white to help hide any body work flaws.