Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What's your project car/truck?

Old 11-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #41
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Awesome! 71 is the best year of the bay windows. Ive had 2 71's. the yellow one above that started as a transporter, and a white camper. Also had a 73. That one nnever ran right with the dual carbs.
Nice! In college I had a 67 11 window that was the shit. Like an idiot I sold it. I still kick myself for getting rid of it.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #42
Tacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Tacodriver's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #43
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Nice! In college I had a 67 11 window that was the shit. Like an idiot I sold it. I still kick myself for getting rid of it.
yup.. I'm kicking myself too..
still look at the for sale ones occasionally..
Old 11-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #44
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodriver View Post
nice! specs?
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #45
Tacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
nice! specs?

It makes 179 hp to the rear hubs and 198 torque, just with a air intake and cat back exhaust. I have some stuff in the garage waiting to be put on. So far this is whats on the car now:

-Jim Conforti carbon fiber air intake kit
-UUC TSE3 cat-back exhaust
-B&M race version short shifter
-UUC stainless steel braided clutch line
-H&R race springs(330#F,360#R)
-Bilstein sport shocks/struts
-Turner Motorsport sway bars
-Adjustable rear end links
-Bavarian Autosport strut tower bar
-BMW strut tower reinforcement plates
-JT Design rear shock mounts
-Turner rear shock mount reinforcement plates
-UUC urethane rear trailing arm bushings
-TRMotorsport C2 17x8.5" wheels
-Apex wheel stud kit
-Hoosier R6 245/40/17 tires
-HAWK HPS front and rear brake pads
-ATE slotted front and rear rotors
-UUC stainless steel braided brake lines
-Sparco Torino seat
-FatHead Fabrication aluminum floor plates
-BMW radio delete plate
-TRM Racing shift knob
-Fathead Fabrication sunroof delete
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #46
aCab is on a distinguished road
aCab's Tacoma Gallery

and

No Taco currently, shopping for one to replace my F250
Old 11-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #47
aCab is on a distinguished road
aCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It makes 179 hp to the rear hubs and 198 torque, just with a air intake and cat back exhaust. I have some stuff in the garage waiting to be put on. So far this is whats on the car now:

Another NASA TT'er! Nice.

Here's the TTD record at Gingerman from my FR-S. Beat old record by 3+ seconds. Wayyyyy too much push. Do you happen to use your Tacoma to tow your car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbYoLLjvaFQ
Old 11-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #48
Bad Spuller

Quote:

-Jim Conforti carbon fiber air intake kit
-UUC TSE3 cat-back exhaust
-B&M race version short shifter
-UUC stainless steel braided clutch line
-H&R race springs(330#F,360#R)
-Bilstein sport shocks/struts
-Turner Motorsport sway bars
-Adjustable rear end links
-Bavarian Autosport strut tower bar
-BMW strut tower reinforcement plates
-JT Design rear shock mounts
-Turner rear shock mount reinforcement plates
-UUC urethane rear trailing arm bushings
-TRMotorsport C2 17x8.5" wheels
-Apex wheel stud kit
-Hoosier R6 245/40/17 tires
-HAWK HPS front and rear brake pads
-ATE slotted front and rear rotors
-UUC stainless steel braided brake lines
-Sparco Torino seat
-FatHead Fabrication aluminum floor plates
-BMW radio delete plate
-TRM Racing shift knob
-Fathead Fabrication sunroof delete

very nice upgrades.. I don't spy any Brey-krause products…? are you familiar with them? www.bkauto.com
Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #49
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Thats Awesome! I love the looks of the original Celicas. I'm also a Fan of the Early 80's Corola's. I used to have an 81 2 door SR5. That was probably my most Favorite Car. Sadly it was Totaled while it was parked on the side of the road in front of my house. Stupid Neighborhood Kid Plowed into it while he was speeding through the neighborhood. I would love to get my hands on another Early model corolla or celica. I did see on another forum where a guy transplanted a honda s2000 motor into a 1st Gen Celica. He even tucked all the Wires so the engine bay looked super clean.
I help work on a white celica with s2000 motor in it here on Maui it was for sale on Craig's list at one time I think
Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #50
roeville is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
roeville's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaulkid01 View Post
I've always wanted to build/restore a car or truck but have never had the time or money before.. Now that i've graduated college and have a full time job and (some) disposable income I'm hoping I can pick something up sometime in the next year or so and have a little fun. My only problem is that I've never done any legitimate wrenching
If you want to restore a car you need to become very educated on your project vehicle. Some people enjoy driving them, some people enjoy working on them. Most cases you'd be money ahead by buying a completed car. Many old cars cost more to restore than they're worth.

I bought my last project car 14 years ago and enjoyed working on it. It was priced reasonable and numbers matching, it was all i could afford at the time. I did everything except exterior paint. Today, I would buy a "done" car. I'm getting to an age where I can't see myself laying underneath the car every weekend.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #51
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeville View Post
If you want to restore a car you need to become very educated on your project vehicle. Some people enjoy driving them, some people enjoy working on them. Most cases you'd be money ahead by buying a completed car. Many old cars cost more to restore than they're worth.

I bought my last project car 14 years ago and enjoyed working on it. It was priced reasonable and numbers matching, it was all i could afford at the time. I did everything except exterior paint. Today, I would buy a "done" car. I'm getting to an age where I can't see myself laying underneath the car every weekend.

What year? 70, 71,72,73?
Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #52
roeville is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
roeville's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
What year? 70, 71,72,73?
1971 Z28 RS, one of 4,862, repainted in it's original lime green. Original 350
LT-1 with M21 4spd.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #53
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LT-1 with M21 4spd.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #54
Quote:
very nice upgrades.. I don't spy any Brey-krause products…? are you familiar with them? www.bkauto.com
Yes, I have. First time one their site, looks like they don't offer much stuff for BMWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCab View Post
Another NASA TT'er! Nice.

Here's the TTD record at Gingerman from my FR-S. Beat old record by 3+ seconds. Wayyyyy too much push. Do you happen to use your Tacoma to tow your car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbYoLLjvaFQ
Very nice! Im planning on going back down to TTE next year.

No, I still drive my car to the track...maybe eventually I will!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #55
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
<<<Nefertiti was my project / fun automobile.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #56
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery

2000 SS w/Lsx454, Built T56.
Currently saving to buy a Midwest Chassis Fab 9inch with 35spline axles,Strange S-trac diff, 3.90 gears.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #57
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LT-1 with M21 4spd.

Beautiful car
Old 11-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #58
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Currently working on a '63 Bel Air.

Changed up the wheels and tires.

Future plans are 18" / 20" detroit steel wheels, Vintage Air and airride.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #59
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery

It's never done...but just got running again after about 2 years of suspension/brake/rear end work. Going to try and drive it for 5-7 years before it gets torn down, repainted, and new motor/trans.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #60
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Other than my tacoma. I am building this 40 Ford at the moment. Have done a few kustoms.

Built this 55 Caddy and sold it a few years ago.