Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What's your project car/truck?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
What's your project car/truck?

I've always wanted to build/restore a car or truck but have never had the time or money before.. Now that i've graduated college and have a full time job and (some) disposable income I'm hoping I can pick something up sometime in the next year or so and have a little fun. My only problem is that I've never done any legitimate wrenching, but i'll cross that bridge when I get there. haha

In the mean time, what all are you all working on besides your tacos? I love seeing and hearing about other peoples projects. I'm one of those guys who will stop at any car show I see on the side of the road and talk to the owners for hours about everything. My girlfriend pretends she enjoys it too anyone got anything cool?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
^^ That's how you learn; by doing it.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thread idea! Subd... I don't have a project yet, but I have plans to soon enough
Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Besides the yota I have a 1981 F150 Ranger XLT. Was my dad's and we're gonna rebuild it the same as it was but instead of 35s I'm gonna put 37s on it and might do a little more to the 460 this time around. The whole truck is gonna be redone since it's already completely tore down
Old 10-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
^^ That's how you learn; by doing it.
that's what I'm planning. My dream would be a full frame off resto of either a '53 Ford F100 or a '56 Chevy 210 hardtop coupe. I saw the Chevy last summer when I was living in San Diego and have wanted one ever since. It was apparently an award winning show car, which I could have told you just by seeing it on the freeway.. but my co-worker knew the owner's son and was telling me about it. Apparently the guy shoved an LS9 (i think thats the right one? or is it an LS3?) from a 2008 corvette zr1 in there. Thing was wicked fast and loud. haha

I've been thinking about starting small with somehting like an early 90s VW jetta though. I have a bunch of friends into the whole VW scene and although its not exactly my cup of tea, ive heard they are great cars to learn to wrench on because they aren't overly complicated but introduce you to pretty much every aspect of the engine.

My sister, cousin, uncle, grandfather, and I are all engineers so I think the desire to tinker and build things just runs in my blood. haha
Old 10-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my next project. Presently at the frame shop getting tugged straight. I love the gen 1's. Took ever to find one with low miles and clean title. The Tundra has 60k on the clock the Tacoma only has 42k. super low miles for an '04.

All my trucks were wrecks that I rehailitated.

KO
Attached Thumbnails
What's your project car/truck?-imag0249.jpg   What's your project car/truck?-imag0248.jpg   What's your project car/truck?-imag0250.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just looked at the pics, I forgot about the "biohazard" classification. Whoever had this truck before me, got their ass kicked by the air bag. Lots of blood to clean up.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
nastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nathan
nastyneight's Tacoma Gallery
81 Yota

almost done with my 81 for the mountains. built Yota axles, Hummer recentered bead locks, rebuilt 22re from a 92 and cage plus alot other junk.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your project car/truck?-dscn0083.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
nastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to beholdnastyneight is a splendid one to behold

my bug

Also always working on my slammed 63 bug
Attached Thumbnails
What's your project car/truck?-00606_1q9tgy9h9cr_600x450.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyneight View Post
Also always working on my slammed 63 bug

Every time I see a sweet bug, I always think back to the original Herbie movies. I loved the sceen when the little mexican kid was asked why he referred to Herbie as "Ocho". His reply, five plus three eez eight...Ocho.

Kind of applies to you, in a way.

KO
Old 10-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
My first project was a 77 Triumph Bonneville. I learned a lot just messing with it. Old motorcycles are simple, accessible and easy to work on. By the time I was done I had stripped it, powder coated the frame and brackets, rebuilt the motor and replaced the clutch and put it all back together. Fired up on the second kick. Obviously much different than a car or truck but I partially restored a 69 vw bug later on and felt right at home after that experience. Whatever you do just go slow, research research and research again and stop if you're just not sure. Plenty of resources available to help you out when you get stuck, but a lot of people are too proud and not humble enough to take advantage of them.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
1981 911SC!! easy peasy to work on. my wife likes to park it in the boonies to prevent door dings.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your project car/truck?-img_0341.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #15

Hmm, need to stop scanning posts. Went back and read th OP's post. Found that he said "other" than Tacoma's.

Fuggit! I only work on Toyota trucks. With that said the only other project that even remotly interests me is the 60 series 'Cruisers.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Got a '68 bronco that is my long term project. Slowing making progress. Ready to swap full width axels w 4.88s and arbs just got it running earlier this year. A mild 351w upto a np435. A fun toy
Old 10-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #17
MRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bucky
MRJ's Tacoma Gallery
1965 Chevy II wagon- 250 cid inline 6, 194 head (10+:1 compression), Clifford intake, Holley 390cfm 4bbl, Clifford tube headers, dual 2" exhaust with glasspacks, HEI ignition, TH350. Buick turbo waiting to be installed.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #18
!@$%#
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP. I know it's almost new. It is a project to keep it that way! Already fast as hell, corners like it's on rails, and has a good, not great (yet) 7 speaker Monsoon stereo. Lots of mods available and fun as hell to drive
Old 10-25-2013, 05:04 AM   #20

Thanks Ahshiet!
Just had it painted satin white in the spring, had been flat black for 10 years, then the whole Rat Rod thing got way to overboard, were you could paint a honda civic flat black with spray paint and be cool. Of course soon as i painted my bug satin white then my neighbor painted his RX8 (thats geting a turbo LS3 shoe horned in) satine white two months later