1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who Owns your car?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Killer Red Taco, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mar 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco [OP] NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    Saw this on the news last night, some good info.

Also California sucks!

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=49774@kovr.dayport.com

Here is a written version:

2. Mar 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I don't understand why anyone would trade a car/truck in. If you're worried about the hassle of selling it, list it for the trade-in value and see how fast you can sell it to a private party... you'd be surprised, especially if you own a Toyota.

3. Mar 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    trailmaster308

trailmaster308 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner 3" Toytec Adj Coilovers 2" AAL
    That sucks. Another good reason to use freecreditreport . com or some other service of this nature.

I own my vehicle and have the papers to prove it.

4. Mar 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    i'd go postal..

5. Mar 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    Liam1234

Liam1234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    09 DC, LB, TRD Sport, 4x4, Tow, Magnetic Grey
    Access Literider Tonneau Cover Auto Remote Start Nfab side steps
    TacoCo,

In Massachusetts, we have the Lemon Law and its not just for new cars. If I sell you my used car and the transmission (or anything) breaks within 30 days then I have to fix it. The law states that if a seller sells a car and never informed the buyer of say a potential tranny issue and the tranny dies then the seller pays.

It sounds great in theory, right? Protect the buyer from shady sellers. It does.
    However, shady folks buy cars and get them "checked over" by "mechanics" and the "mechanic" states, writes, documents that the previous owner had to of know of this issue because of x,y and z.....

The buyer ALWAYS wins in small claims court. Its not worth the hassle especially on a older car with high miles. I just traded my 04 Saab with 108K miles on it. No way would I sell it privately.

6. Mar 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Gotcha. I bought my 4Runner off of a guy that had listed it in the paper for the trade-in value. I was happy to get a sweet deal on it, and he was happy that he was able to sell it to someone that appreciated it and didn't get bent over by the dealership, so it was a win-win for both of us. I wound up putting well over 100k miles on it, and never had a problem.

7. Mar 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    Bakemono

Bakemono Wrath of the runbird

Member:
    Southern Wisconsin, USA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Toyota Tacoma regular cab 4x2
    Its BS that a dealership could do that. Hopefully the bill gets passed. Its BS that a dealership can essentially pass their debt onto an someone else, ruining their credit and pretty much, their life.

8. Mar 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    California sounds awesome.:(

9. Mar 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    last year my boyfriend sold his car to a dealership.. he owed more than they offered so when he was selling it to them he had to give him the extra $1500 to the dealership so they could pay it off completely...a couple weeks went by and they hadn't paid it off but his check had been cashed.. it turned out that the dealership sold his car, went out of business and the owner was trying to leave the country. it was a big huge mess for a couple months and he had to make payments on his loan when it was supposed to be paid off while the new owners were also paying for it,eventually the bank that the new owners got the loan through paid off his loan so they could have the title and he got his $1500 and the 2 payments back. don't know what happened to the owner but he screwed over A LOT of people.

10. Mar 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    wheresthericego

wheresthericego Active Member

Member:
    Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma, 94 SR5
    I own all my vehicles. If I cant pay cash for it then I don't buy it. A handshake and title is the way to go. Eff paying the depreciation on a new vehicle anyways. Thats money wasted

11. Mar 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    stevigee

stevigee It's a MOD, MOD World

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevigee
    Amarillo Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRAIL TEAMS FJ CRUISER
    TRADED FOR 2010 FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM Kenwood KDC x792 deck and SW1 pwr sub,cruise,intermittent wipers,hidden hitch, tint, debadge,Nitto Grapplers 265/75-16,Black Powder Coated Toyota Steelies, black steel Toyota wheel center caps, Vent Visors, front guard, leather seat covers, black front badge, shortie antenna, tow hook, seat maglite mod, shock & leaf spring TSB, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, custom black Fabwright rock sliders 1 3/4" DOM tubing w/ kickout, skid plate, Pop-A-Lock, Bilsten 5100 shocks, BLHM, Azela black tail lights, LEER topper w/rack, tent
    Wow... what has gone wrong in America!

12. Mar 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    I would find the guy, beat the shit out of him, take his car, take his money, and kick him in the nuts.

I can't believe somebody would do that, the morals and liability behind it is just terrible...not to mention the bad karma they'd get. :p

Sell it yourself and buy it straight up, you'll usually have no problems.

13. Mar 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    another pack-o-shitbags stealing money from honest people.

under MY law, on tuesdays between 6PM and 9PM people would be allowed to shoot walking dirtbags like that, and only pay a $50 "unauthorized discharge of a firearm within city limits" fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top