Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Tacoma not suited to my needs...what would you suggest instead?

Old 10-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #22
Trying to save the manuals
Smudgey is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
Smudgey's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input guys. A double cab is not in the cards for me. I may keep an eye out for a scorcher of a deal, but otherwise hold on to my truck... it is encouraging laziness. I personally don't even use my own truck to get to work, I use my mountain bike.

It just sucks to be 3-person unit who can't go to the beach/trails/far away supermarket together, unless one bridges the gap between my folding metal tonneau cover and the composite bed.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
2intense is on a distinguished road

Name: charles
2intense's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I'm with the other cats on here bro.

You were able to make it work. I mean college, no car/truck and some with no drivers license? What gives man? What have these peeps been doing?

Don't enable. Help them stop being slackers and just say no!

ON EDIT:

If you must, as a college kid on a budget, I'd be looking for a used Civic, Accord or similar Toyota (including a DC Taco).
I 2nd that!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #24
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
I think you'd be making a HUGE mistake by getting a different vehicle to lug your buddies around in. Crutch boy will survive if you don't buy a stretch limo to transport him in. You oughtta think about this for a while.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #25
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudgey View Post
hold on to my truck... it is encouraging laziness
Now you're thinking man. If they don't/didn't care enough to get a vehicle or even a drivers license why should you worry about transportation for them? I can't understand or believe any person in college doesn't even have a DL. (High speed?)

Mazda might be half way reliable but steer clear of the VW. You might get a decent one but, the odds aren't the best.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #26
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Looks like her airbags got deployed...

I want THAT option...
Old 11-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #28
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon9402 View Post
^this!

apparently they come with a cougar!
Bedryder thing is cool. $700 but cool.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #29
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Now you're thinking man. If they don't/didn't care enough to get a vehicle or even a drivers license why should you worry about transportation for them? I can't understand or believe any person in college doesn't even have a DL. (High speed?)

I agree. You busted your butt to put yourself in your truck. And from what I read here you chose a sensible vehicle that fulfilled your needs for the type of activities you're interested in. You obviously put some thought and work into getting it ... don't give that up to be someone's friend.

Sorry to be the "old guy" here, but here's a quote I picked up from a mentor 20 yrs ago: "Doing what's popular isn't always right; and doing what's right isn't always popular." If they have a problem with it, get new friends. Better yet, get a girlfriend who likes your truck and is interested in the activities you bought the truck to do! You won't miss the leeches.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
still cheaper than a new vehicle right?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #31
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
Yea man, don't get rid of your truck, you'll regret it.

I had your same truck. If 2 of my friends wanted to go somewhere, they would just have to cram in or not go. Yea, having 2 other people in a reg. cab is uncomfortable, but it's doable. If they complain just tell them your willing to go in their vehicle lol.

Those other cars you listed suck, i'd steer clear of them
Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #32
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Ha the reason I bought a 2 door truck was so I can't haul friends around. It's not my responsibility. They can take the bus.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #33
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Ha the reason I bought a 2 door truck was so I can't haul friends around. It's not my responsibility. They can take the bus.
same reason I put 2 12s in my back seat! I can haul 1 passenger unless they want to pile up in the bed
Old 11-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
The vw and mazda are both vehicles that are typically marketed to the younger crowd, i bet if they are affordable they have been abused. You are a nice friend for helping out your room mates but you are basing a large financial decision just to look cool to people you probably wont even speak to in a year.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #35
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
the bed thing isnt the most expensive thing in the back of that truck.