1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First time

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by mcdowell, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell [OP] My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    First time I went outside the dealership for a oil change ( Pep boys ) and those dumb asses forgot to put my oil cap back on !!!! I didn't know it until 2 hours later when I noticed oil drops on my driveway. Oil was all under my truck on the frame and everywhere. Took it back, raised hell in front of the other customers. They topped it back off as it lost a half quart and cleaned my engine. Needless to say I am never going anywhere else other than the dealership especially Pep boys. They SUCK !! :mad:

2. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  3. Nov 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    Hear stupid shit like this all the time.
    Ask me why I do all my work myself.

4. Nov 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Having others work on your truck is always a fun time.

Once while out of town for an extended period I took my daily driver to one of those express lube joints. The dude gets me parked over the pit and asks me to stay in the car as it won't take long. A few minutes later, he asks me to start the car...saying he was "done". I fired it up noting the idiot oil pressure light was taking longer to extinguish then normal. I shut the motor off and ask him if we was sure he put the correct amount of oil in (I did see him ad the oil from the hose). He checked and it indicated to correct amount. Upon further investigation, he told me he had left the drain plug out.

The take away for me, always check the work...even if I'm doing it.

5. Nov 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    I heard of a shop doing that to someone once....the person didn't notice it until the engine seized up and they made the shop buy them a new engine, pull the siezed one, and install the new. People f*ck up.

I cleaned a car up for a old lady once and durring my drying of the hood jam and engine bay, i noticed oil down the side of her engine. Jacked the car up and saw it was coming from the oil filter. So i grabbed the oil filter to see if it was tight....it had been screwed to the block but only just. It was so loose that it took no effort to spin it off. So i called her and she agreed that i should just get an oil change for it as the engine was over two quarts low. So i got back under the car and went to take out the drain plug....same thing...not even remotely tight. I hate when shops do half ass work esspecially for women or people they think won't check for things like that.

Always be diligent if the work being done on your investment....even if you just use it for transportation....you should still care how it is cared for.

As for the OP, i pray you have no engine problems down the road man. And i'm damn glad they didn't leave the cap somewhere that it could fall into the fan/belts and really do some damae whole the engine was running.

6. Nov 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i did the same thing to my mazda..made a huge mess..cleaned it all up, while blushing embarrasingly. dumb dumb dumb.

7. Nov 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    elytravis

elytravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCAJ8ULnaI

I hate pep boys. They charged my wife for tires and never installed them. She realized when she got home. They tried to charge me for a radiator cap they "replaced" but when I asked another guy if they sold the same type that was installed they said no so it was the original and it was fine. they do suck. I would never go to Jiffy Lube either.

Products Discussed in

To Top