Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

First time

Old 11-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
First time

First time I went outside the dealership for a oil change ( Pep boys ) and those dumb asses forgot to put my oil cap back on !!!! I didn't know it until 2 hours later when I noticed oil drops on my driveway. Oil was all under my truck on the frame and everywhere. Took it back, raised hell in front of the other customers. They topped it back off as it lost a half quart and cleaned my engine. Needless to say I am never going anywhere else other than the dealership especially Pep boys. They SUCK !!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Oouch.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Hear stupid shit like this all the time.
Ask me why I do all my work myself.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Having others work on your truck is always a fun time.

Once while out of town for an extended period I took my daily driver to one of those express lube joints. The dude gets me parked over the pit and asks me to stay in the car as it won't take long. A few minutes later, he asks me to start the car...saying he was "done". I fired it up noting the idiot oil pressure light was taking longer to extinguish then normal. I shut the motor off and ask him if we was sure he put the correct amount of oil in (I did see him ad the oil from the hose). He checked and it indicated to correct amount. Upon further investigation, he told me he had left the drain plug out.

The take away for me, always check the work...even if I'm doing it.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
Don't Let Your Meatloaf
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
I heard of a shop doing that to someone once....the person didn't notice it until the engine seized up and they made the shop buy them a new engine, pull the siezed one, and install the new. People f*ck up.

I cleaned a car up for a old lady once and durring my drying of the hood jam and engine bay, i noticed oil down the side of her engine. Jacked the car up and saw it was coming from the oil filter. So i grabbed the oil filter to see if it was tight....it had been screwed to the block but only just. It was so loose that it took no effort to spin it off. So i called her and she agreed that i should just get an oil change for it as the engine was over two quarts low. So i got back under the car and went to take out the drain plug....same thing...not even remotely tight. I hate when shops do half ass work esspecially for women or people they think won't check for things like that.

Always be diligent if the work being done on your investment....even if you just use it for transportation....you should still care how it is cared for.

As for the OP, i pray you have no engine problems down the road man. And i'm damn glad they didn't leave the cap somewhere that it could fall into the fan/belts and really do some damae whole the engine was running.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i did the same thing to my mazda..made a huge mess..cleaned it all up, while blushing embarrasingly. dumb dumb dumb.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCAJ8ULnaI

I hate pep boys. They charged my wife for tires and never installed them. She realized when she got home. They tried to charge me for a radiator cap they "replaced" but when I asked another guy if they sold the same type that was installed they said no so it was the original and it was fine. they do suck. I would never go to Jiffy Lube either.